Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
don't mean to hijack your post... but please tell me your avatar is a picture of you.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been away skinning animals....yes that avatar is me...And yes, I have been mistaken for the fat guy in the red suit.
It's hard to get a fly down through the ice, and even worse to get a fish to come up through it to grab that fly you toss out onto the top of the ice.
Come on fellas, and gals, help a guy out here. I'm really looking for some good advise for when I get up there.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Its a great time to go up to Devils right now. The Ice should be about 4-6 inches. I usually fish just right off the boat ramp about 25 to 50 yards off the shore. You can use up to five poles there. So try to use different types of bates and jigs until something you find is hitting consistently. I use any color of little jigs and Ice flies that are red, white, pink or green. Tip them with power bait or worm night crawler or meal. There has been some Kokanee being caught. Not allot of big fish in there just some planters. Pick a nice sunny day and go after it. Practice makes perfect. If you don't have much luck there just swing over to deep creek and try it there just off the outhouse point. Good luck. Let me know how you do.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fishcarver, YOU are the MAN! Thanks for the tips, I plan on going up there this Saturday, even if it rains, I don't care, fishin is fishin and I need to check out this pond.
Thanks to the rest of you! And remember: Christmas 2007 is behind us, but I know where the record book is for 2008!!!! Naughty and Nice are all in it!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Don't they have an annual fishing tournament up at Devil's creek? I wanted to check it out a couple years ago and didnt get the chance.
Bear bumm let us know how it goes. I wouldnt mind taking a trip and trying out some new fishing locations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts