Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ya know, these days good customer service is tough to find. So, its my opinion that when you find a company that believes in it, stick with that company regardless what others may think of them.

This past Friday we were out preparing for my youngest daughters turkey hunt which was in an area 2 hours from home. We pulled out her bow to do a little shooting and although I'm still not quite sure how, she managed to forget to load an arrow into her little Diamond Infinite Edge before firing :shock::shock: Well, we all know what happens when you dry fire a bow. The string came off, the cams got bent as the draw stops were pulled through the limbs which splintered the limbs... Yup pretty much total destruction of that little bow. Knowing full well that the chances were next to 0 it was repairable, I decided to call Sportsmans to find out for sure. Andy confirmed my thoughts but suggested I call the Diamond direct and explain the situation. Even though the bow was 3 yrs old and clearly my daughters fault. He gave me the number and wished me luck. I called Diamond immediately after hanging up with Sportsmans and got a hold of a gentleman by the name of Andrew in the warranty department. I explained the entire ordeal to him and he quickly said, "Although your bow does come with a lifetime warranty, we do not typically cover damage caused by an accidental dry fire. That being said, if you take your daughters bow to your local Diamond/Bowtech dealer and have them call me directly, I will ship free of charge all of the parts it will take to fix your daughters bow. Which, I assume will be a string, cams and limbs." If that wasn't enough, he also informed me that he would put a rush on the parts so the bow could be repaired in time for my daughter to still get out and hunt! I called Andy at Sportsmans back and to my surprise he offered to do all the repairs needed for free once the parts arrived!

It's pretty amazing how quickly two awesome guys working for two different companies can take something that was pretty devastating to my daughter and turn it into nothing more than a learning experience.

I just want to say thanks to both companies and let them both know that they have a lifetime customer in me!

·
Registered
9,962 Posts
Good to know.

Had a PSE bow that I had stored in a bow case. Got it out to shoot it after a month, noticed one limb had broken right down the middle,.. just sitting in a case. Took it back to the retailer as it had a "lifetime warranty" on it... guy at the counter took one look at it and said "Looks like the lifetime is up on it. We'll knock $20 off a new bow but we cant do anything with yours".

I'll never support PSE ever again.

My boy might pick up a bow this year, I'll definitely try the Bowtech's.

-DallanC

·
Super Moderator
9,654 Posts
I'd be contacting PSE if that happened to me and tell them about the dealer and see what they would do. But then in a lot of areas customer satisfaction is nonexistent anymore.

It is good to hear that Botech stepped up to the plate.

·
Registered
9,962 Posts
I'd be contacting PSE if that happened to me and tell them about the dealer and see what they would do. But then in a lot of areas customer satisfaction is nonexistent anymore.
It was many years ago, we did try to get a rep but they would never return our calls. I gave up and litterally threw the bow in the garbage can and gave up bow hunting for a dozen or so years.

-DallanC

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I dropped the bow off Monday night and picked it up Thursday night with all new parts installed, tuned and ready to go. In addition, Andy at Sportsmans spent 20 min or so with my daughter helping her with how she punches the trigger. We even got to the point where she could actually put her finger against the trigger for a whole 3 seconds before the urge to pull it was to much to resist lol. Again, a huge shout out to all parties involved!! Just a great group of guys that come highly recommended by my daughter and I.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts