Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to the forum. I use to read DWR forum all the time and I think this forum is great. I know what some people think of guys asking questions but I am hoping I can get a little help? Question is I am wondering how much private land there really is? I plan on getting a map of the area.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I spent the first ten years of my hunting life on my Grandpas land up there in the Warren Draw. There is a ton of private land, but with some research and a little work you can get around most of it and not get into trouble.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
The problem with hunting diamond is if you are not familier with the Mountain you could wander into someones land without even knowing it. There is private property all over the place. Maps could help you, but it is a mess up there. A lot of big animals but to me it is just not worth the struggle if you don't do a ton of research. Plus, even if you do know the area, you could shoot the animal and it can very easily run onto private property and you would never be able to retrieve it. Its unfortunate how that Mountain has become, seems like that whole mountain was for sale and now there isn't enough public land to enjoy. :oops:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts