Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been seeing a ton of divers coming out of Farmington Bay. I shot a Redhead yesterday but saw a few Cans and other divers. Is this the only area that has them thick right now or are their others? Has anyone been seeing them anywhere else?

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Ogden is usually pretty productive for divers... there have been a quite a few pics on the Bullock forums with guys who go out and kill Redheads consistently. Its not too hard to tell where guys are at when they park with a pond or a parking lot in the background. Hint, Hint. 8) There have also been a few Cans brought out of that pond. Farmington has a few... I'd guess more of them out towards the lake. I'd guess that Bear River and Public Shooting Grounds hold a few too but I don't know that for sure. I'd put Ogden down as the place I saw most of the divers I had a shot at last year. Farmington was where I shot my first Canvasback. I've never hunted Bear River.

·
Registered
376 Posts
i have gotten at least one redhead everytime i have gone out this year. i have also gotton at least one can about half of the times i have gone out. i have hunted PSG, OB, HS. but the most i have seen has been at HS

·
Registered
111 Posts
At OB yesterday we saw quite a few goldeneye and my buddy dropped a canvasback.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have also seen golden eyes at Farmington Bay. The divers are in it is just a matter of finding them and getting them in. Sounds like we are all seeing them everywhere. I guess I will just have to keep trying because the only diver I have bagged this year is a Redhead. Good luck to all of you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I will have to post some pics for my freind, but he has shot red heads and cans, since the opening morning. I have also gotten into lots of buffies, and blue bills and ring necks. And we never go up north! :lol: or do we?

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Devok said:
I will have to post some pics for my freind, but he has shot red heads and cans, since the opening morning. I have also gotten into lots of buffies, and blue bills and ring necks. And we never go up north! :lol: or do we?
I've seen tons of Buffies too this year... weird. Seems like they're everywhere.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I shot a Hen Scoter yesterday morning out to Howard Slough. Either a Surf or a White-Winged. :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You will see a scoter every once in a while. I had a black scoter come into my decoys when I was thirteen. I hit it but it dove when it hit the water and I did not have my dog yet and ended up losing it in the reeds. If the bill has a bunch of brilliant colors on it then it is a surf, but if it has more of a plain bill then it is probably a white.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts