Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Chet at the other place.

I had a guy ask me why bucks poop in clumps and does poop in pebbles.........
I thought all deer poop in pebbles.
but this guy says no, bucks poop is clumped up pebbles, I told him "NO, you're seeing sheep poop"
but he insists..... "bucks poop in clumps"
maybe his bucks have swollen prostates??????
could it be diet? water consumption?
lookin for help here guys, not just scientific explanations...... but opinions guesses and funky ideas.......
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice first post I Do It. Very nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,336 Posts
Elk poop in clumps too..... although I don't have pics to prove it.... just what I've seen and stepped in first hand. I don't have any cool crappy stories either. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,243 Posts
It is all about what deer/elk are eating. early in the season they have a lot of clumps cause there diet is a lot of greens. Later in the season they have pellets cause they are eating dried grasses and drier foods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,393 Posts
You can tell a lot about a deer from its scat, too. Most of the time, it's little pellets about the size and shape of a jellybean. You can tell deer scat from rabbit scat because the rabbit scat is usually in round balls, not ovals.

Deer scat can come in two forms, pellet or cluster. Which form is left depends on what the deer has been eating.

a cluster of pellets usually occurs when the animal has been eating moister food.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,222 Posts
Here we go................My first post................Can you tell me what this is?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A new candy bar called the "Epek?"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,336 Posts
A carefully crafted "log" of Hershey's chocolate baking chips. Good one... :lol: See the "overspill" around the tracks? Just kidding... I dont' know... I'd guess probably some sort of deer or elk fecal matter.... must be munching on wet green stuff for it to be compacted like that... 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread with facts, but it was I that took this picture, and it was in an area that it could either be mt goat, or deer, but in no way what so ever did I 'man'ipulate this in anyway, I came upon it and took the small amount of time to unpack my camera, activate its power, and point an click. I would say that if a buck, it is in clumps, and it does not look dehydrated. Weird though, up until now, I have not seen anything like it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So are you saying this could be from Sasquatch?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,393 Posts
Sasquatch sighting in Utah, send your picture into KSL's news room. I bet we can get an id, then seeing how they are the best there is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
I always thought deer poop on rocks, not in pebbles. *()* I learned a lot from reading the old threads. What an education!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
I believe it is time............................................. to insert the much needed........................................... ah ha, I knew it, you guys don't know crap! *()* *()* *()* *()* *()* *()* *()* *()* *()* *()* *()* *()* *()* *()* *()* *()* *()*
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I tell you what though - I picked up that crypto-sporidium thing a couple weeks back. It has been very, very, VERY bad. It's not a parasite - its a weight-loss program. I've dropped 20# in 12 days. Granted, I could still stand to drop another 30#, but I tell you man, I never knew I was full of so much crap! Maybe everyone has been right in all these years telling me this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,516 Posts
elk22hunter said:
Here we go................My first post................Can you tell me what this is?
I have a theory about that picture. I believe EPEK was bored one afternoon sitting in his treestand. He went down, gathered up a pile of semi-dried deer poop, then climbed back up into his treestand. For the next three hours he glued the pieces together to make the deer pellet log you now see. It would make a great Christmas tree ornament. Will you make one for me EPEK?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,222 Posts
GaryFish said:
I tell you what though - I picked up that crypto-sporidium thing a couple weeks back. It has been very, very, VERY bad. It's not a parasite - its a weight-loss program. I've dropped 20# in 12 days. Granted, I could still stand to drop another 30#, but I tell you man, I never knew I was full of so much crap! Maybe everyone has been right in all these years telling me this.
The Eiffel tower is the only Parisight that I know. I have never seen it other than pictures cause I have no desire to see the Parisights. I don't like the French besides Chris Ledoux.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
elk22hunter said:
GaryFish said:
I tell you what though - I picked up that crypto-sporidium thing a couple weeks back. It has been very, very, VERY bad. It's not a parasite - its a weight-loss program. I've dropped 20# in 12 days. Granted, I could still stand to drop another 30#, but I tell you man, I never knew I was full of so much crap! Maybe everyone has been right in all these years telling me this.
The Eiffel tower is the only Parisight that I know. I have never seen it other than pictures cause I have no desire to see the Parisights. I don't like the French besides Chris Ledoux.
Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *()* *()* *()* *()* *()* *()* *()* *()*

I do like the tour de france however, that is one parisite I can live with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,393 Posts
the deer pellet log will probably make a good fire log :idea: how about making some and selling them to the local tourist. We can add some pine scent or even doe urine for that right moment!! *()*
I can see it now: come and get your buck log here, :mrgreen:
New Utah logo "the buck poops here
 
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Top