Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
If you were having trouble finding a dry doe, that sure sounds like you were ignoring fawns.
View attachment 152826
I saw 1 doe with fawns on public that I could have shot… however, I-15 was directly behind them and I didn’t feel like trying to time it just right to dodge traffic this morning. Piles and piles of bucks on public. All the does were in the fields. I was headed back to town to start banging on doors when this one ran across the road and stopped at 200 yards.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
My 13 year old has the Settlement Canyon archery doe tag. Hopefully we’ll have a success story to share in a month or so. 🤞
Watch those fields just before the toll booth. Usually quite a few hitting those just before dark and leave right at light. That oak brush hillside to the south is where they run to, then stop. Go slow and pick it apart. You’ll find one there

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Thanks for the tip! I just checked the boundaries, and the south side of the road isn’t in the boundary for this hunt. They’ll have to cross the road though if they water at the reservoir.
Sorry. I was talking about middle canyon. The fields aren’t in the boundary. The oak brush hillside is

1 - 5 of 5 Posts