Utah Wildlife Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Thanks for the tip! I just checked the boundaries, and the south side of the road isn’t in the boundary for this hunt. They’ll have to cross the road though if they water at the reservoir.
Sorry. I was talking about middle canyon. The fields aren’t in the boundary. The oak brush hillside is

·
Registered
19 Posts
Makes sense, I was thinking the toll booth in Settlement Canyon. I’ll have to check that out.
That's solid advise. There's a new ish toll booth at the bottom of middle canyon on the Tooele side. I drive the canyon regularly and see deer from the golf course all the way up the canyon. You could also try by the gun club. You'll see all the trucks on the road with binos and spotters. There are plenty of deer up there too.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The weather was awesome this morning. About as good as I could ask for in early August. We found what appeared to be a lone doe but weren't able to stalk in undetected. It got pretty quiet after the first hour of daylight, as usual.

I can't decide how I feel about hunting deer in August. On the one hand, it's good to be out hunting during a time of year when I usually am not able to. On the other hand, there's a certain charm to a crisp October morning that's hard to beat.

Nice day. I'm glad I get to go back next week and try again.

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
I can't decide how I feel about hunting deer in August. On the one hand, it's good to be out hunting during a time of year when I usually am not able to. On the other hand, there's a certain charm to a crisp October morning that's hard to beat.
I have also noticed that all 3 deer I have harvested in August over the years were absolutely covered in ticks. The deer and elk I have shot in August have always been tick free.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts