Utah Wildlife Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
I don’t think I misstated the law… “properly posted” can fall under the other requirements the land can also meet to be off limits to trespassing without needing to be obviously posted with a ‘no trespassing’ sign
There is an “or” in the statute. That has meaning. That is all for now.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
That was my next question: will Seegmiller recuse himself from any legislation regarding the DWR in the future? Hence the political fallout potential IF the law was broken AND they decide to prosecute.

It's a tenuous path for the DWR either way.
A lawmaker recusing himself….ha!

That will never happen. (Even if it should)

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
The property looks PLENTY cultivated to me.....
Which makes it properly posted to begin with.
Lawn, barn, white picket fence, etc......

Anyone that hunts should be able to figure that out. Somewhere along the line at least some common sense should kick in.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have shot turkeys and doves in basically the same area lol. There are always people hunting this area.

But there are also a bunch of California 💩 dicks that live in new harmony now and I had a lady yell at me for hunting doves two years ago at this location. I was highly confident that I was legal so I told Karen to call the sheriff or DNR. She said she would but nobody ever showed up.

This is why I have only hunt doe in Enterprise.....
I duck hunted a few times on Ash Creek reservoir down there. You are correct, the folks there are challenging.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
The property looks PLENTY cultivated to me.....
Which makes it properly posted to begin with.
Lawn, barn, white picket fence, etc......

Anyone that hunts should be able to figure that out. Somewhere along the line at least some common sense should kick in.

He mentioned he shot it on the neighbors property, and it ran across to this property. Even so, the neighbors properties are all cultivated, and have buildings within 600 feet. If he didn't have permission (written?) I don't think he has a legitimate argument from a "not posted properly" perspective.

I'm still intrigued by him having his neighbor's tag. I don't know how that get's handled. Did he use that tag? Or was he planning to use it, but didn't because he got caught trespassing first?

This is the most fun we've had all week!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
How can someone be such a smooth brain to do something like this, yet still achieve the positions of prominence and prestige he has? This is more along the lines of something your would expect from Bubba and Cletus. Between the location he shot it in, the private property issues, the party hunting, etc.. Wow! What a numbskull! I hunted doves in this area many years ago, but I'm sure it was far less Californicated back then.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
What about passing the Bar?
There's many different types of intelligence. I find some people are in good shape with some types and very deficient in others. My grandfather in law is a perfect example. He was intelligent enough to earn a doctorate, start a very successful and lucrative company that has allowed him to hunt the world and accomplish just about anything a Safari Club International member can set out to accomplish. Yet there's times we will find him cranking away on a propane tank valve with a pipe wrench complaining he can't get it open only to discover he is turning the valve the wrong way. I could go on 🤣

41 - 52 of 52 Posts