Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Do you paint your own camo or trust branded camo?

• Homemade

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Store Bought

Votes: 5 62.5%

Does anyone else paint their own camo on their guns?

6K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  TheArsenal 
#1 ·
Just finished a few guns with my homemade painted camo and only have a few more I need to paint. I was just wondering how many here would rather paint their own guns and what it looks like. I also gotta pillar bed and glass bed a few guns here soon so do you usually pay for the rifle already bedded, hire a gunsmith or do you like to do all the work yourself too?
Wood Flooring Rectangle Floor Trunk

Wood Cross Religious item Font Gas

Wood Branch Twig Musical instrument Art

Wood Rectangle Flooring Tints and shades Hardwood

See less See more
#10 ·
My wife got talked into buying a used 7mm for me a few years ago. That gun had the most god-awful rattle-can paint job on it I've ever seen!! It was hideous!! I spent numerous hours trying to clean that ugly thing up as much as possible. I don't have any "after" pictures -- just this picture of how NOT to spray paint your gun!

Automotive tire Plant Bumper Wood Automotive exterior

#12 ·
Here’s the non Tapatalk link.

#13 ·
Just finished a few guns with my homemade painted camo and only have a few more I need to paint. I was just wondering how many here would rather paint their own guns and what it looks like. I also gotta pillar bed and glass bed a few guns here soon so do you usually pay for the rifle already bedded, hire a gunsmith or do you like to do all the work yourself too?
Wow! I would like to learn your techniques and what stuff you use! This looks great.

#16 ·
Worked well enough sighting in at 100 yards in my local mountains. Worked great actually. It detaches fairly easily. I take it off every time it goes in the safe. I like the dual purpose, as both a hand support to pull it into my shoulder, and as a bipod. Considering we're talking about a 20" barrel, with a X5 prism scope, i like it. It's worth mentioning that the proper way to use it (in my opinion) is to grab it foward of, and at the base of, the grip. Not the grip itself. Use it kinda like a foward angle grip.

#26 ·
I happened to see the spammer that posted right above your post, and then read your post.

Since painting my rifles in a camo pattern never interested me I never did read this thread but have seen it.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

#27 · (Edited)
I have to say, that's really cool! I've never tried painting my guns, but I've seen some unique camo patterns. Do you have any more pictures you could share? As for pillar bedding and glass bedding, I've always been too intimidated to do that kind of work myself, so I usually pay a gunsmith to do it for me. You've just inspired me to paint my staccato guns! Thanks for that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.