Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could go anywhere and hunt anything you like . what would you choose? and who would go along. I was just looking at an add that was in a magazine about the same idea and thought it would be fun to see what people would love to hunt.

·
Premium Member
8,501 Posts
1. Muzzleloader. 54 caliber 1803 Harper's Ferry Rifle. Grizzly Bear and Bison. Near Great Falls, Montana. With Meriwether Lewis and my Dad.

2. Rifle. 1894 Winchester. 30-30. Elk, Grizzly, and Wolf in Yellowstone Park. With Teddy Rooseveldt, and my Dad.

3. Archery. Sioux style bow and hardwood arrows, napped obsidian heads. Bison from horseback. In South Dakota or Nebraska. With Sitting Bull, and my Dad.

4. And this Thanksgiving, Pheasants, in Nebraska, with my sons. And every other hunt I go on with my boys. That is the best of all dream hunts.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Red stag with, since it's a dream, my wife and she's having the time of her life. We'd probably be in Argentina and after I bagged my stag she would turn to me and say... "let's go do it and then go fishing." Hey, it's a dream hunt, right?
That's it in a nutshell, but the full dream versoin would go on and on and on. Argentina stags, doves, puma, boars, pea**** bass, dorado and surubi. MAN that would be a good time!

·
Banned
123 Posts
Henry's Mule deer with my dads .58 handcrafted and him doing the shooting.
If only he could still walk. Or didn't have a terrible heart.
The old boy hunted his whole life and never did get a monster.

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
weatherby25 said:
For me it would be an Backcountry archery Elk anyplace with Miranda Lambert.
+1 :mrgreen:

PRO

·
Registered
812 Posts
proutdoors said:
weatherby25 said:

PRO
only if sara evans was back in camp cooking up some grub. :p with a note from lifetime hunter saying have a good time.

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Oooooooh, I'd take Sarah hunting over Miranda every day of the week.

Bbbwwwwuuuuuuhuuuuuh!!!!!!! That's the best I could demonstrate the shivers.

1 week of hunting potguts with her in this get up.
Did you say "dream hunt" or fantasy hunt?

[attachment=0:165a777l]evans.jpg[/attachment:165a777l] /**|**\ -()/>- -()/>- _(O)_ _(O)_ _(O)_ _(O)_ _(O)_ _(O)_ _(O)_

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
My dream hunt would be riding around on 4 wheelers with bloodhounds in dog boxes. I'd glass for yotes, crows or other carrion eaters and put the hounds on the ground to lead me to skull plates and leftover antlers. :p

Then, I'd come post them here just so that I could hear folks tell me I'm retarded for picking them up in the first place. I might even stuff a pillow in the back of my shirt and squint one eye, pulling of a Quasimoto look for the pictures of me holding my find. :lol: Pardon me.... need to grab my shovel to wade through all that BS. 8)

·
Premium Member
8,501 Posts
Sorry for kind of sending this thing in the wrong direction. I apologize for that one.

On a more realistic level, I dream about hunting caribou in Alaska on the north slope of the Brooks Range. One of these days that will happen. I'd also love an archery elk hunt where I could bugle one in. I'm not about inches and points, but a solid 6x6 would be marvelous. I'm not into the African game - it has little appeal to me personally so that doesn't really cross my mind much. I've got planned a five day elk-deer-pheasant-fish trip to Montana as soon as I can draw the tag.

·
Registered
390 Posts
callofthewild said:
proutdoors said:
weatherby25 said:

PRO
only if sara evans was back in camp cooking up some grub. :p with a note from lifetime hunter saying have a good time.
only if I can go with Rodney Atkins, then you'll need to write me a note too! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
390 Posts
harley said:
Red stag with, since it's a dream, my wife and she's having the time of her life. We'd probably be in Argentina and after I bagged my stag she would turn to me and say... "let's go do it and then go fishing." Hey, it's a dream hunt, right?
That's it in a nutshell, but the full dream versoin would go on and on and on. Argentina stags, doves, puma, boars, pea**** bass, dorado and surubi. MAN that would be a good time!
hey Callofthewild.. this should be your dream hunt! just change the animals.. and it would come true!!!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I'm simple. I just a want big 360 class bull to come in and scream in my face and make the perfect vitals shot on him. I could finish by doing the same to a giant muley. And while I think those women are beautiful. I'll be realistic and stick with my wife.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
On a serious note.... I'd like to bowhunt brown bears in Alaska. I also think going home to California and hunting quail, hogs, deer, and ducks (all the things I never hunted while I was there) would be a fantastic time as well.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
TEX-O-BOB said:
[quote="Nibble Nuts":emcpoc1j]I believe I speak for everybody else on this one. The dream hunt would be hunting pigeons along the Jordan River with Richard Simmons.
No, that's Zims dream hunt! :p[/quote:emcpoc1j]

I think Zim would refer to the pigeons as "gutter-****s" or something likewise. :lol:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts