Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, my dad is coming from out of state for a pronghorn rifle hunt the week after the archery season ends. If I don't fill my tag by then, and if he shoots something with a day or two to spare in his trip, he wants to go with me on a bowhunt in the extended areas. I was already planning on focusing on the Ogden extended area and specifically the north end of it because I live in Logan. Because you can shoot either sex, I was going to focus on the foothills because my dad is getting older and can't hike miles up the mountains. But, then I thought he'd like to see some bucks. So, does anyone know of places in the Ogden extended area you can drive up to the high country in a 2WD pickup with good clearance? If it's wet, I won't do it because it's only 2WD. But, if it's dry, is there anywhere a big 2WD truck (2005 F150 crew cab) can make it up? Haven't lived in Utah too long and don't know that area too well yet.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
The road from Matua to Inspiration point will get you up above Willard. North Ogden Divide will gain you some elevation before you start walking. Not sure if Snow Basin will allow you to ride up the gondola with a bow to get to the other side of the mountain.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Much less ride back down with bloody bags full of meat and a severed deer head even though that would be SO my style.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts