Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I'm just about finished with my duck boat build it's a 1648 MV NO center seat with a factory floor. It has a front deck and a rear seat with kinda of a H profile.
Here is my question? I've been told leave the floor OPEN! But I'm thinking were in the heck do I put the first aid kit, The emergency tool box, Life jackets etc. ??????
I'm thinking a gun box the length of the floor from the rear seat to the front deck???
I would like to hear pro's & Con's or how you like your boats layout!
Appreciate the ideas!
Thanks,

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
I like to keep my boat as lightweight as possible. I store my life vests, first aid kit, netting, edgers and navigation lights in a Rubbermaid tote. I leave it in the boat when traveling down the highway and use bungee cords to secure it. Gun boxes are nice, but not convenient for me. Maybe a gun box would work okay for you, nothing wrong with them. I just like to get everything out of my boat when I am hunting 3 guys from it. Plenty of room and no tripping over stuff.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had some extra pelican type dry boxes that are roughly the same size as the middle seat that I removed out of my 1436 boat. Tools, emergency gear, etc all go in that. They are strong enough to use as a seat and can be moved around the boat in order to balance the load. As for the life jackets.. they get crammed..er "stored" under the bow of the boat.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the input!
I'm hearing over and over again NO gun box use a tote, that's what will try;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts