Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a chance to hit the snake river in Idaho for some duck hunting over the weekend.
Boy is that a different experience from hunting down here.
My shoulder is black and blue and I'm smiling from ear to ear.

The swans were everywhere and not afraid at all. We had them almost landing on us all weekend.

The guy that took us out had some incredible labs. We'd have lost tons of birds without the dogs for sure.

Finally the spoils of the weekend.
This is just what we brought home to jerky. Couple guys kept limits up there as well.

The greenhead on top with his head tucked will be hanging in my bar at some point. (looking for taxidermist)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Billcollector said:
Hey everyone reading this....

I know where a giant money tree is, who wants the GPS coordinates? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Hope you're not implying I'm hot spotting in anyway.
If you can tell where that is by any of those pictures your better than me.

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
I'm wondering if it the same spot they showed on DU tv this morning. Yella and Maggie did a bang-up job on those ducks on the Snake River outside of Boise. (or am I hot-spotting, too)

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Virgil said:
Billcollector said:
Hey everyone reading this....

I know where a giant money tree is, who wants the GPS coordinates? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Hope you're not implying I'm hot spotting in anyway.
If you can tell where that is by any of those pictures your better than me.
Isn't the Snake quite a long stretch through Idaho?? I'd imagine you could find quite a few places to get some birds up there without crowding the next guy too badly. I've heard the Boise also produces, for what its worth. I'll probably never make it up to hunt or fish either. 8)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know a guy that hunts ducks around Boise as well.
I've never been there to hunt with him yet though.
I'd like to give it a try for sure.

I was nowhere near Boise.

Woops, I guess I just narrowed the search down to the rest of Idaho that the snake runs through except for Boise.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Virgil said:
I know a guy that hunts ducks around Boise as well.
I've never been there to hunt with him yet though.
I'd like to give it a try for sure.

I was nowhere near Boise.

Woops, I guess I just narrowed the search down to the rest of Idaho that the snake runs through except for Boise.
Its all good... I meant the actual river, not just the city. 8)

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'll bet I know EXACTLY where you were :mrgreen:
In fact, I recognize that dog.

[attachment=0:1r948mt2]Picture 107a.jpg[/attachment:1r948mt2]

I'm not sure how many of the 1400 miles of Snake river run through Idaho, but we didn't see a giant money tree any where on the 1/8 of a mile stretch we visited DUH!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
357bob said:
I'll bet I know EXACTLY where you were :mrgreen:
In fact, I recognize that dog.

[attachment=0:2qiy1os4]Picture 107a.jpg[/attachment:2qiy1os4]

I'm not sure how many of the 1400 miles of Snake river run through Idaho, but we didn't see a giant money tree any where on the 1/8 of a mile stretch we visited DUH!
I was hoping you'd post that picture. Man it was cold that morning.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Yea, he's hot spotting a spot where they shot a pile of Goldies. Thats funny. I wouldn't shoot a Goldie out my back door let alone drive clear the hell to Id. to shoot them.

By the way, spent the weekend in Id. myself(not on the Snake) my birds were all green with no bling.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Riverrat77 said:
Man... I had just plugged GIANT MONEY TREE in as a waypoint on my GPS too.... I hate it when stuff doesn't work out. :lol:
That is because I didn't give you any information. You see how that works? You don't give information to everyone internet scouting and they don't bring every bubba in the state to find that tree. :idea:

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Billcollector said:
Riverrat77 said:
Man... I had just plugged GIANT MONEY TREE in as a waypoint on my GPS too.... I hate it when stuff doesn't work out. :lol:
That is because I didn't give you any information. You see how that works? You don't give information to everyone internet scouting and they don't bring every bubba in the state to find that tree. :idea:
Man.... thanks for bursting my bubble. I was so dead set on going up to Idaho to shoot GE's too. :lol: Right... You don't have to worry about me invading your 400 mile long honey hole... there are plenty that are 1/20th the size right here at home with better eating birds on them. Oh yeah... there aren't any money trees where I hunt either. 8)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey, just wondering if you got there with a boat or just came in from the shoreline. I am getting ready to head up there with the boat to do some exploring, just wondering how deep the water was on average, from the picks it looks deep. Thanks for any info

1 - 16 of 16 Posts