Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Duck Stamp's & Electronic License

4K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  Critter 
#1 ·
As we enter this digital age more and more things are becoming electronic. Our hunting/fishing licenses are one of them. I have no idea where my paper license is because I just use the electronic version that is on the dwr app. My question is I know you have to attach your duck stamp to your license and sign it, how does that work if you are using an electronic license?

#12 ·
My brother and I were discussing this earlier this week. It's nice that I can download my license and input my walk in access # and my HIP # but no such option for the duck stamp. In the end I think the app and downloaded license ends up being more of a backup just in case. I still have to carry my duck stamp and any other physical tag (deer, elk, etc.) so the app doesn't get me much more than a backup in most cases. Hopefully between that and a photo if I ever had to I could talk my way out of a ticket but I always carry my license too. It's tough at times though because I always have my phone, but I often have to search for my license as it could be in my tackle box or with my hunting gear, etc. I guess that's my own problem for being so disorganized.

#13 ·
Well someone whom I know personally and will remain nameless ( uh me) has been known on one occasion....okay two, to leave his wallet in his pants while putting them to wash...pretty much destroyed the license and duck stamp. I now keep my license in a separate plastic case not in my wallet. I pick it up and put it in my pocket when I leave out to go hunting. It would be great to have a backup in the unlikely event I forgot the license at home.

#14 ·
I don't get it, I put my license in my wallet then there is no worrying. The digital copy should be the backup, not the primary. Also those duck stamps are neat, did you know the other side is sticky??! I did something really cool, I attached the stamp to my license! talk about a win win! :) ;-)

#22 ·
It seems silly to have to stick a stamp to your license to prevent transferring. To be legal, it has to be signed, so if it is signed with your name, how can it be used by others (unless he/she has the same exact name (like a junior or something like that).
R

#24 ·
The other issue with the stamp is when your licence expires before the season is over...I usually cut mine off and tape it to the back:mrgreen:. I agree it can be a pain when you are going between big game and waterfowl! I really like the App to keep track of things though.

#25 ·
I have never stuck a stamp on a license in over 45 years of duck hunting. I sign them and place them in a holder with the license and then into my wallet.

I have a envelope in a drawer with every duck stamp that I have purchased and when I get 50 of them I am going to frame them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.