Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an email from the DWR today to take this survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PrimitiveWeapons

IMO we do not need to add crossbows to the archery season, or magnified scopes on muzzleloaders. Driving up success rates on archery and muzzleloaders hunts will just further backlog our hunts and, if we continue adding more deadly technology to these "primitive" weapons what do we need the separate seasons for?

Take the survey of you would like.

Reactions: wileywapati

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I can't fully agree with that 1-I.

I like anything that increases success rates or reduces injured/lost animals. The reason is because it takes so darn long to draw any kind of LE or OIL tag. I know that after waiting 10-20 years to draw an opportunity I'd be willing to use ANY LEGAL device that increases my likelihood of success. Now if you knew you'd get another chance while still able to hunt, I may feel differently.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look at the time the threads were started, mine was a minute later than the other one, I could have deleted it, but we just had the same idea at the exact same time. I know there's another thread, but the other was posted the exact same time, so I didn't see the other post until after I had posted mine.

Kinekiller, I understand your point, but there's an Any Weapon hunt for that. If you want to hunt LE elk more than once, you can, pick up a bow you can still hunt many LE tags with 4-5 points with archery. If you increase success rates IMO with those tags you'll see less tags, especially when we have a bad few years because of winter. You can either have lower success and higher tags, or higher tags and lower success, I can't see both working out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts