Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to East Canyon this morning in the storm. (what a nightmare...30 mph the whole way from syracuse). On the Ice at 8:45 in the Taylor Hollow area. Me and wife iced 6 good size bows in 3hours. The biggest being about 19" nothing smaller then 15" heard some reports over by the marina of guys limiting out pretty quickly. [attachment=0:28pt8yg1]cody fish2.jpg[/attachment:28pt8yg1][attachment=1:28pt8yg1]002 - Copy.JPG[/attachment:28pt8yg1]

·
Registered
599 Posts
Good job looks like a blast. What were you using if you dont mind me askin?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We were using Maniac Ice cuttr's (orange or minnow), also glow ice fly worked well both tipped with wax worm just off bottom.

·
Registered
599 Posts
ctnelson23 said:
We were using Maniac Ice cuttr's (orange or minnow), also glow ice fly worked well both tipped with wax worm just off bottom.
Sweet I got some of those. Have to see if I can do as good as you.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Sounds like a good outing in the storm, I wanted to go there today. We have been hitting up East Canyon pretty regularly this past week and doing very well for the same sized bows you guys were catching today. The hot colors for us have been anything green or chartruese. Ill vouch for those maniac ice cuttrs though, they work really good for trout! Nibble all the ones we have caught still have parasites all over them, kinda gross.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Every Bow we caught had parasites over them. I catch and release there cause I can't bear to eat them after seeing worm looking things growing out of the bodies.

FYI: Some guys next to us were really getting into fish when we left on green and red salmon eggs( around 12:30)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts