Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JAT83, I saw your post yesterday, and I decided I needed to try East Canyon again to try my fall bass spot and see if an old friend was still around. I got to my spot and there were three guys there drinking and they made a huge mess. :twisted: The bass are not in this spot anymore so it was a slow day. I did catch this 20 inch rainbow however.
[attachment=1:1cq9a1wd]mink 002.jpg[/attachment:1cq9a1wd]
[attachment=0:1cq9a1wd]mink 003.jpg[/attachment:1cq9a1wd]
The way he is bent on the rocks made it hard to get a good measurment pic, but he is 20 inches. I thought he wasn't going to make it since he was cut good so I was going to keep him. After a few minutes on the stringer he regained his mojo and started thrashing around and I was able to release him.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not long after those people left, I heard some movement off to my side. Low and behold my buddy is still living there and came to meet me again.
[attachment=2:25xj11if]mink 001.jpg[/attachment:25xj11if]
This mink is kinda special to me. I always meet him in this spot. I was happy to see he is still there.
He came and hung around not far from me for a while again.
[attachment=1:25xj11if]mink 006.jpg[/attachment:25xj11if]
Here he is getting ready to go for a swim.
[attachment=0:25xj11if]mink 007.jpg[/attachment:25xj11if]

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I could have got more pics, but here he is bringing up a fish.
[attachment=2:2588idxp]mink 008.jpg[/attachment:2588idxp]
Under this rock is where he took it to eat it. I know you can't really see him here.
[attachment=1:2588idxp]mink 009.jpg[/attachment:2588idxp]
Now he is wandering around me.
[attachment=0:2588idxp]mink 011.jpg[/attachment:2588idxp]

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the last I saw of him today.
[attachment=0:2po6ib09]mink 013.jpg[/attachment:2po6ib09]
See ya next time little buddy.
I wish I could make my pictures bigger of him, because the larger photos are easy to see him. He hung out with me about a half hour today.
Hope you enjoy this and those who know this spot, please do not harm him.

·
Registered
952 Posts
That is a nice bow, there's some nice fish in there. I caught a hog ice fishing there last year. Cant wait for ice on! Anyways thats a pretty cool little mink runnin aorund there, glad he kept ya company.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
FYI, once a trout is put on a stringer, you can't let it go.
This is well explained in the proc.
I'm telling you this for your knowledge and not to be a jerk.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Grandpa D said:
FYI, once a trout is put on a stringer, you can't let it go.
This is well explained in the proc.
I'm telling you this for your knowledge and not to be a jerk.
Thanks Grandpa D, I must have glassed over that part and not remembered it. You don't strike me as a pot stirrer, so I would've taken it as an FYI anyway.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FishGlyph said:
Nibble Nuts, nice job on the 'bow. .45 and I have a mink buddy at Jordanelle that hung out with us a couple months back. Glad you were able to get out and catch a nice one. :D
I have ran into this guy three times now. The first encounter he kept his distance. The second time I was watching a large trout that was stalking a baby bass right next to the shore line and the mink came and joined in. He stood about 2 feet from me and got on his hind legs and watched me for a while. He stayed by me for a bit that time. This time he stayed and caught fish in front of me and walked right up to about two feet from me. He is a curious little devil and I have come to love East Canyon because of him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts