Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my boy Nuts hit East Canyon yesterday. (Yes brooktroutkid, I went fishing AGAIN and here is ANOTHER post about it. 8) ) We were there about 3 hours or so, and hooked into 13 fish. I caught 10 and he only caught 3. :D Alright, that's crap, he caught 8 and I caught 5. :cry: :cry: :cry: They were all 'bows, and they all had parasites on them. :x I would have taken pictures, but it was cold as hell, and the snow came in pretty hard, so I said screw it! The biggest one was probably about 17" or so, and the smallest 12". I figured everyone on this site has seen a 'bow between 12 and 17 inches, so just imagine one like that. :wink:
We were using white tube jigs tipped with worm, we floated worms off the bottom, some with power bait, some withouth, we used minnows, and Nuts snagged one off of salmon eggs too. It was pretty productive, but **** cold.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
burge said:
How dare you blab my secret spot :p !!! Good to hear you had a successful trip. Were they good fighters?
Ah crap, you had to tread on the "secret spot" ground again didn't you? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Well, this should turn into another ten page thread in no time. But luckily, you can't really call East Canyon a secret spot because there's a giant green sign that announces it's location to the world right off of I-80.
And yes, they did fight pretty good for trout, but we're bass fisherman, so we have ten pound line on our reels, so trout come in pretty easy for us. :wink:

·
Banned
171 Posts
Actually I have never ever fished there, I was just funnin ya for a response. I hope I didnt cause any emotional wounds to anyone with my secret spot parody. *(())* *(())* *(())*

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
FishGlyph said:
Fellas, glad you braved the storm and made it out and back safely. Good to read that you got into some nice fishies. Too bad about the parasites. :? Got to see the mink eh? Here's the one that .45 and met at out the 'nelle.
Feisty little things! Thanks for the nice post. :D
I remember that post. You actually posted it a day or two after on e of my first encounters with the East Canyon mink. They are curious little devils aren't they.
I don't know why, but yesterday we encountered alot of parasite infested, retarded looking rainbows. That is my first time seeing that at East Canyon.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
FishGlyph said:
I've never seen a 'bow infested with parasites before. I've seen plenty of LMB's and bluegill with 'sites on them tho. I wonder what kind of parasite it is. :? :?:
I am not sure what type of parasite it is, but it looked like they had been biting eachother all over. It was really strange and I wonder who else has encountered this at East Canyon?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
J-bass said:
Ah hell, maybe Nuts is right. I have been pretty vocal on this thing lately, mostly due to boredom at work and this sure as hell aint my forum. I've certainly ruffled a few feathers and stepped a few toes, so I'm just going to sit on the sidelines for awhile and just read instead of respond. Instead of trying to be the "lead singer" I'll just watch the choir from the pews I guess. Plus, this whole thing is getting way too emotional and dramatic for me. I'm sorry to any who I have offended, it was never my intent.
Grab the mic, your more deserving of it than this POS.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Well hell, does anyone else have any fishing reports or pics to talk about? This is getting ackward.

Move along everyone, there is nothing to see here.

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
Hope I didn't miss anything !!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Good catch on East Canyon... :)

The parasite's have alway's been there, though I'm not sure why. The DWR say's it does nothing to the taste of the fish..I'll probably never find out !!!

Any ice up there yet??

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
fatbass said:
Hey, Terrence and Philip, I'm gonna crack your heads together if you don't knock it off! :roll:

Nuts, I never took any of J-Bass' posts as anything more than best friend forever type of ribbing. You seem to outfish us all and that should be enough for you to stay above hitting back. :p

J-Bass, you get your **** back on here this minute before this old man jumps through the internet and shakes some sense into you. 8)
It is all good, had nothing to do with fish either. I don't think J-bass is gonna leave this place.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
.45 said:
Hope I didn't miss anything !!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Good catch on East Canyon... :)

The parasite's have alway's been there, though I'm not sure why. The DWR say's it does nothing to the taste of the fish..I'll probably never find out !!!

Any ice up there yet??
No ice yet. I wouldn't dare eat those fish, they didn't look very palateable.

You didn't miss anything but some strange reactions to some smiley faces I posted. :wink:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts