Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard the weather was supposed to be really nice this weekend so I figured it wouldn't hurt to give East Canyon a try again. Alarm goes off at 4:45 and I am up and on my way, my neighbor was leaving for work the same time I was leaving and he was like "what are you doing up so early on a saturday morning"...I had to laugh...if he only knew how much fun fishing was!

Anyway, got up there while it was still dark, got my headlamp on and hiked down the steep rocky trail, and got to what seemed like a pretty good spot. I could hear the hunters along the road shooting so I am glad I had at least my camera case since it is bright orange :lol: .
Since I have a two pole permit I figured I would throw some Spring Green powerbait out there to see what luck I would have today, and sure enough it paid off like it always does, I swear by Spring Green by the way. I also thought I would try out a Gold Jake's spinner to start of the morning, I had a few bites, but no hookups, switched through several different lures, but the powerbait was what was really kickin' butt today. One fish after another...although the first fish I caught was just a little feller, maybe 11" so I let him go so I can catch him when he is 3X the size :lol: . The second, third, fourth, and fifth fish were pretty much all the same lenth at just over 14" a piece, so not too bad a turn out, all rainbows, so still no Tiger yet, I will get one here one of these days! On the way out I stopped the car to take a few snapshots of the deer* on the side of the road(* I don't know what kind they were, I don't hunt), but I figure they were muleys or something. All in all the day was great! A lot warmer than it was there a few weeks ago! Happy Fishing!!!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Nice job at East Canyon. I havent been there since the spring, looks like its low as well. In all my times fishing there I have yet to catch a tiger as well, so dont feel bad!

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
Good report and pic's JAT83 !!.. :)

The fish look good, I thought most East Canyon fish had a 'parasite' on their bodies. But they seem nice and clean. Not many people up there? I don't see any activity on the water as far as boats..so you had the place to yourself?

It was a nice day to get out...glad you did !!.. :) :)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Nice work JAT83. You inspired me to head out there this morning. Next time you head out there, if you want, drop me a pm. I like East Canyon. Sure is pretty when you take the Little Mountain Dell route.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nibble Nuts said:
Nice work JAT83. You inspired me to head out there this morning. Next time you head out there, if you want, drop me a pm. I like East Canyon. Sure is pretty when you take the Little Mountain Dell route.
Sounds good, I'll let ya know next time I'm heading out there! Did you have any luck yesterday?

fixed blade said:
great pics. Jat those are mule deer thats all we have in utah, I didn't see horns are you sure you were not looking at his ears. :wink:
I guess they were ears, It was kind of far away I couldn't really tell, plus they blended into the background really well.
LOAH said:
And don't worry about the sores on the fish...A little Stridex and that crap goes away. :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts