Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to east canyon today, early this morning, got over to Taylor Hollow, finally got on the ice about 8:30am, had the family with me and started to drill holes, once the holes got drilled, slapped some bate on and down we went to the bottom, reeled up a couple of times and wham, fish on! It kepted like that most of the morning, lost a couple, but for the most part we landed about 15 lunkers and let quit a few small go, the wind was a little chilly, thanks too the ice hut, it helped keep the young ones out of the cold and nice and warm, they too also had a couple of holes in the hut, and was landing fish too. Over all couldn't ask for a better day, going to hit it again next weekend... :D :D :D

·
Registered
952 Posts
Nice! Sounds like you had a good day. It good when you can get the family out and get some. We were there today as well, we did pretty good as well between three of us we landed about 20. How big were the fish you were catching?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was also up there today. from the boat ramp I went right, about half way to the dam. Picked a spot,drilled my hole and the water was 94' deep,a little too deep i thought but tried anyways. right off the bat i hooke into my first Tiger trout! that was the last bite I had there. So after about an hour I packed up and moved to 71' and setup the tent again.Started fishing again and ended up with 4 on the ice and got 4 to the top of the hole.all fish were around 14".
Still was a fun day for me. I got up there around 9:00 and left at 3:30

·
Registered
952 Posts
Good job on the tiger silly, I have only got one outta there. LOAH most the fish we caught did have the sores on them... _/O

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Their was a couple that had sores, but they cook well, don't eat the skin and you will be fine. A few brewskees and lemon pepper and onion, melts in your mouth.. :) :) :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is the road to East Canyon Res. from Little Dell Res. closed?
I guess what I am asking is, do you have to drive up past Coalville and then back to the west through Henniifer? I think that is the name of that area.

·
Registered
577 Posts
So how thick is the ice up there and is there alot of slush on top? Were there any 4 wheelrs out on the ice? How deep did you all fish?

Thanks.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Ice was thick enough there were wheelers and snowmobiles cruisin on it. Id say at least eight inches. I found most the fish in the upper half of the water column.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The ice is about 10 - 12 inches thick, their was no slush on the ice, yeh like green said their was 4 wheelers and snowmobilers on the lake, enjoy. It was nice meeting you Tex, good luck to you and your wife tomorrow, if the weather turned crappy their is always next weekend, catch ya down the road. :) :) :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts