Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with this area deer or elk, I know the North Slope pretty well, but have never ventured into this area. Is it worth a scouting trip this summer? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
527 Posts
It is a hidden honey hole of the NS. 400" bulls roam the meadows and 200" bucks above timberline. :)
If you know the NS then you can expect the same here.
Is it worth a trip? Absolutely. Where isn't it worth a trip up there.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with this area deer or elk, I know the North Slope pretty well, but have never ventured into this area. Is it worth a scouting trip this summer? Thanks in advance.
Beautiful country and if you learn it well and do your homework it can be rewarding for elk. Your not gonna be into bulls every year because it is a tough hunt . As far as deer there are some decent ones but not alot of those either

·
Registered
257 Posts
This is one of the busier drainages on the north slope. definitely holds elk and deer but also the only drainage I have consistently run into other hunters even after hiking in several miles. The key is getting up out of the bottom of the drainage but it is very step and rugged. I would recommend hiking in and camping If you are going to hunt it the parking area/camp ground at the trail head is a zoo during the hunt. Also one of the roughest roads I have driven getting in there but that doesn't seem to keep people out. I will say I have had chances at elk every time I have hunted here but definitely wore out some horse shoes and boots to do it. There are a lot of other drainages that are easier to hunt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts