Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the original plan for today was to go to Pineview but last night we decided to go give Echo a try because my buddy has always done well there. We got there around 7 and right away my buddy got into a trout. We fished the shallows (10-15 ft) for a while with sporadic action for trout. I would watch them come through in schools on my fishfinder. We ended up hooking into 6 trout, but only landing three, two of which I kept. We finally gave up for trout and moved out to 40 feet of water and started nailing the perch. The action got really hot and for a while it was drop down, reel a foot up, fish on! We caught a variety of sizes, with the biggest coming in around 8-9 in. Most had some good bellies to em, and come to find out after I filleted them, every single one of them was a female full of eggs. It slowed down around 12 and we ended up leaving at one. Brought home two trout, ten perch, and my buddy took ten perch as well. Im plannin on brewin up some of Grandpa D's famous pig out perch chowder for dinner tomorrow! MMMMM I can taste it now. I caught both my trout on a Swedish pimple with a green color plate tipped with a worm, and the perch on a rat finkee, tipped with a wax worm at first then a perch eye the rest of the time. Ill post a few pics as soon as I can figure out how to upload them from this new camera :x . Hope everybody gets out and enjoys good fishing on the ice!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOAH said:
Kewl!

Sounds like a good time with a lot of action. Was it super cold or did you have some cover?

Good job, man.
It was pretty cold, especially when the wind got to blowing. For a brief period it stopped and the sun came out though, that was nice. For the most part though, ya it was cold.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just as a side note, for all those who are wondering, Grandpa D's recipe for pig out perch chowder it great! I cooked some up today and it was a big hit! Really hit the spot on a cold day like today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts