Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there's a time limit for editing your posts? I was trying to change prices and noticed this. It would be nice to edit your posts. Example: Mark as sold, Change prices ect... Similar to K.S.L.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Re: Edit Option's??

I wonder what the time limit is.
It should be unlimited, but doesn't seem to be for editing posts.

·
Premium Member
4,399 Posts
Re: Edit Option's??

Yes, there is a time limit - 2,000 minutes.

Here's the reason: we have had problems with people making posts and then changing them to say something entirely different several days later, altering the entire context and meaning of the subsequent replies. We also had a poster (who shall remain nameless) who routinely found himself in lengthy arguments with people that would go on for several pages until he finally would get mad and delete the content out of all his posts.

The 2,000-minute limit is pretty much arbitrary, but we wanted to give people a day or so to fix spelling mistakes or errors while inhibiting someone's ability to routinely or maliciously change or delete content from posts several days later.

I see your point, though, about needing to edit posts for longer periods of time in this particular forum category. Unfortunately, though, the setting has to be applied across the entire board and can't be confined just to one forum. If you really need to change something, you can always send me a PM, and I will gladly take care of it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Petersen, I'll just continue the way I have been doing it. I'm sure it will work fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts