Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this Elk this summer in an any bull unit, went through the steps of calling the DWR and getting an officer out to make sure it wasn't poached. In this unit this is a big bull! He is a 5x6 and I would have shot him without thinking twice. The officer came out and did his inspection and picture taking and a week later he called me and said I could meet him and pick up my find!! Big shout out to Luke(aka Bowdacious)! He does incredible work for me on my kills and now a dead head and it will look great on my wall.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,501 Posts
That is a crazy looking skull there. Wonder why the one antler is so much further forward on the skull. That is crazy.

Reactions: wyogoob

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Could be a mechanically broken or damaged pedicle, but I'm seeing this pattern in deer and elk that have been exposed to chemical anti hunting treatments(pesticides).........these seem to occur along with other developmental midline deformities associated with thyroid disruption(the selenium connection) that lead to Sonic hedgehog gene mutations and deletions. These are also brought on by leftist anti hunting world views cloaked in the guise of "conservation"...........a commonality is being weak or deformed on the left side........1x4s with the spike on the left, 2x3s with the 2 point on the left, left testicle descended in front of the right testicle through the right inguinal ring, left testicle atrophy, left pedicle misplacement, left antler deformity, left side mental disorders. These are seen across affected populations, not just in lone animals or people........

Submit a picture of the skull and specifically the misplaced pedicle here: http://westernwildlifeecology.org/service/photo-contest/ for a chance to win some gear.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Wow that is a big sucker for a General Season area. I love the character on that bull. That is definitely an awesome find. I saw pictures of him on Lukes Facebook.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts