Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys a few questions ive never hunted ogden at all. I got a mt goat tag and will be hunting up on Willard and was wondering what are the chances of finding elk that high? ive seen a few deer but not many and no elk is it to high and open for them? also from my understanding there is no extended elk on the ogden front right? last question if any one could suggest some what of a area for elk around ogden I don't want to take anyones spot just a general idea that would be great thanks and good luck hunting everyone p.s im using a bow.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
There plenty of elk from Bountiful to Brigham if you know where to look, several threads discussing this on the forum. One hint, hop on google earth and find some access roads, then make sure they aren't on private property and go exploring.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
hey guys a few questions ive never hunted ogden at all. I got a mt goat tag and will be hunting up on Willard and was wondering what are the chances of finding elk that high? ive seen a few deer but not many and no elk is it to high and open for them? also from my understanding there is no extended elk on the ogden front right? last question if any one could suggest some what of a area for elk around ogden I don't want to take anyones spot just a general idea that would be great thanks and good luck hunting everyone p.s im using a bow.
PM sent. Yeah, there is no extended elk on the Ogden.

·
Senior Goof
3,584 Posts
I will be that guy... and say I would make sure to worry about the Once in a Lifetime hunt that you are about to go on, and let ELK very much be a bi-product. I wouldn't shoot an elk while mountain goat hunting unless it was a 320 plus, maybe. I would take care of that goat first.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys and (random elk) don't worry my goat number one but my hunt dosent start tell sept 21 through nov 15 so as im scouting for goats maybe ill get lucky find some elk. I was hoping the ogden front extended was for elk to but guess not thanks for clarifying.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
There use to be an Ogden extended for elk. There are elk on portions of it, but the problem is that most of them don't winter on the West faces above the cities like they do in other places. They were not any kind of nuisance, and no one could find them when the snow flew.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts