Utah Wildlife Forum banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Im sure most already know this. But you cannot shoot an animal without a physical tag to place on the carcass. I thought id throw that out there just incase anyone thought they could go to the field with the one on their phone.
I was just going to mention this. And one printed on your home printer will not work either.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
I think the mention of the app was more about just acknowledging he has one coming, or should have one coming.

Mine shows up on the app as well, but nothing in the mail yet. I'm mostly posting updates to entertain myself. I don't care that I don't have it yet.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Same here Niller' I'm still missing my coveted general any bull tag that I'm gonna tape to some antlers this fall. I NEEEEEEED it! :grin: On the bright side, I did get my swan tag in the mail today so the elk tag is the only one I am missing.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
my archery tag and control tag showed up the same day early this week. they were purchased weeks apart.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Another Friday and another day of no elk tag in my hand--should I be worried? I got another month but come on DWR--how hard is it to get tags mailed. Is it time to call them? I don't know...usually they are more squared away than this.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I may or may not have been able to buy an antlerless control tag over the counter at cabelas in farmington today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Another Friday and another day of no elk tag in my hand--should I be worried? I got another month but come on DWR--how hard is it to get tags mailed. Is it time to call them? I don't know...usually they are more squared away than this.
i believe tags were mailed by USPS. it should show up with your mail in ballot....>>O

·
Registered
71 Posts
Im sure most already know this. But you cannot shoot an animal without a physical tag to place on the carcass. I thought id throw that out there just incase anyone thought they could go to the field with the one on their phone.
yes i realize that was just saying

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Mine never showed up so I ended up visiting the DWR office and getting a replacement printed. DWR folks were very nice and didn't charge me. I appreciate them doing that for me. Tag is now in hand and there is a dead bull walking somewhere in the Uintas right now, he just doesn't know it yet! Har Har! :grin:

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
No tag yet for me either. Hopefully they are triaging those with earliest hunts but also sending out the rest soon enough to compensate for USPS backlog.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
They seem to be running on the "just in time" model.

Why did they eliminate all the on line vendors this year? People buying a archery elk tag should be able to go to any normal vendor and print them on the spot. My "renewal" combination licence came a week after my DH and 2 weeks after my multi season elk tag.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts