Utah Wildlife Forum banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Thinking about setting up a game camera and tree stand by my mailbox to catch the illusive shot of the "mailman" and delivery. Given the interest in this thread I should surpass a few million subscribers on Youtube within hours.

*Nada yet

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
The statement was “Yeah, we’ve had a lot of this with the elk tags this year for some reason.”

I blame Pelosi. Or maybe it was President Trump? I don’t know anymore...

·
Super Moderator
3,394 Posts
The statement was "Yeah, we've had a lot of this with the elk tags this year for some reason."
I got the exact same response today from the lady at the regional office. She was super kind and happily printed off another one!

When she slid the tag under the glass, there may have even been a heavenly glow surrounding the piece of paper and harp music was audible. I feel like I have the winning lottery ticket!!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I was within bow range of two spikes this year, missed the first one because I rushed my shot, the second had cows bunched around it with no clear shot, then the wind swirled on me.. Saw a third spike last day I hunted but he saw me first, so you know how that goes.

From what I’ve seen, it’s a good year for spikes, should be easier for you to get than the tag itself 😂

·
Registered
280 Posts
Still haven't received mine. I'm glad I saw this post because it reminded me I didn't get it yet! I had a panic moment where I thought I possibly never bought one, but I checked the app and there it is.

That said, it's annoying that so many people are having this issue and yet the DWR told me that I have to go in person to an office to get one printed.

·
Registered
287 Posts
So I am hearing conflicting things.... Will the DNR send a duplicate in the mail if I haven't received my tag, or do I have to go to the office and pick one up?

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
I called the Central Region office in Springville. The very nice lady got my information, looked me up and confirmed I purchased one, stated this seemed to be a big issue this year with the elk tags, then printed my duplicate and sent it to me in the mail. I had it two days later in my mailbox. I think my name was handwritten on the envelope even, but maybe I’m just remembering wrong. It was a very quick experience and she was very kind and even apologetic for my inconvenience. (Which want Michael of an inconvenience to make a phone call.)

I can’t speak for any other experiences. That was mine.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I had to go in today and have them print them off for me. No questions asked but kind of a pain to have to drive in.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Sure is sad that they (DWR) cant get their Chit together. If I don't have my tag in the mail next week, I'll be going in to get it I guess.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I called the SL office and was on hold for 40 minutes before talking with an agent. I asked if they had been mailed out yet and said I have yet to see one. She said I must have been in the group of licenses that were "lost". WHAT???? How does that happen? Anyhooo, She was very kind and I couldn't take my frustration out on her! She asked if I was close to the office and if not, she could put the tag in the mail. I'll see what the mail brings this week.

It sure felt good that I didn't bitch and complain to the agent about the hold time and all the frustration I had! I think I'll try that more often now.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts