Utah Wildlife Forum banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a tag for my Dad, myself, and a buddy when they were on sale. None of us have got the any bull tag yet. We have received all other tags that were coming to us except those. I called the southern office and they said everything has been mailed so I must have lost it. She told me I could go buy a duplicate at a license dealer. So, because I didn't trust them to mail me another, I gave in and paid the $10 for a duplicate. Now I figure OTC Elk is $60 per tag. They'll always find another way to get every nickel they can out of us. Very irritating.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I bought a tag for my Dad, myself, and a buddy when they were on sale. None of us have got the any bull tag yet. We have received all other tags that were coming to us except those. I called the southern office and they said everything has been mailed so I must have lost it. She told me I could go buy a duplicate at a license dealer. So, because I didn't trust them to mail me another, I gave in and paid the $10 for a duplicate. Now I figure OTC Elk is $60 per tag. They'll always find another way to get every nickel they can out of us. Very irritating.
My understanding is they were supposed to print at no charge. I got mine reprinted today at DWR office in SLC. I would call your regional office.

What a cluster!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
This has been the case with what seems like just about everyone. I bought two tags, and neither ever showed up in the mail. I just drove to the division office in SLC. When I walked up to the person at the desk.. She said before I even said anything..."You never got your elk tag correct?" She printed mine and my sons off at no cost... Then I also picked up a spot and stalk cougar tag... You know, because they are so easy to spot! Figure with as much as I am out, may as well have one in the pack.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
9,621 Posts
Then I also picked up a spot and stalk cougar tag... You know, because they are so easy to spot! Figure with as much as I am out, may as well have one in the pack.

Good luck!
The problem with that cougar tag is that they are like grouse. If you plan on hunting and or finding them you'll never see any. Don't have a tag or a shotgun in your hands and they are all over the place.

When I first started hunting you could pick up a 365 day state wide cougar and bear tag for $1. I never did see a cougar or a bear when I had that tag in my pocket and was out hunting. Now the years before I purchased those tags or when I didn't get one I would see at least one bear and be in the area where cats were walking along the trails.

·
Registered
793 Posts
The problem with that cougar tag is that they are like grouse. If you plan on hunting and or finding them you'll never see any. Don't have a tag or a shotgun in your hands and they are all over the place.

When I first started hunting you could pick up a 365 day state wide cougar and bear tag for $1. I never did see a cougar or a bear when I had that tag in my pocket and was out hunting. Now the years before I purchased those tags or when I didn't get one I would see at least one bear and be in the area where cats were walking along the trails.
Yeah I don't expect to see one.. But what the heck. To your point, I did see two earlier this year when shed hunting. But no tag... And not that I could have gotten a shot off anyways.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts