Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Elk tags showing up?

10K views 104 replies 39 participants last post by  BigT 
#1 ·
So has anyone received their elk tags in the mail yet?

#6 ·
Hopefully the tags will arrive soon. I need the license # so I can fill out the mentor application and then hope that arrives before the archery hunt. I doubt there will be enough time to process it via mail before the opener.
Does anyone know if the License # on the DWR app is the same that will be printed on the tag?

#28 ·
The USPS has been a joke for a number of years. Try living in a area where there is no home or remote box delivery and you need to actually go to the post office to pick it up. Between reduced hours and the crowds when they are open it is beyond a joke.

But on mail in ballots, Colorado has been totally mail in for the last 8 or so years but instead of mailing it in I just drive to the nearest drop box and drop it into it. However this didn't help a year ago when something like 7 hundred ballots were in the drop box and never got picked up, that is until 6 months after the election when they were found in the bottom of the box.

However we can still head down to the polling place on that Tuesday in November and cast our ballot if we want to.

#31 ·
The USPS has been a joke for a number of years. Try living in a area where there is no home or remote box delivery and you need to actually go to the post office to pick it up. Between reduced hours and the crowds when they are open it is beyond a joke.

But on mail in ballots, Colorado has been totally mail in for the last 8 or so years but instead of mailing it in I just drive to the nearest drop box and drop it into it. However this didn't help a year ago when something like 7 hundred ballots were in the drop box and never got picked up, that is until 6 months after the election when they were found in the bottom of the box.

However we can still head down to the polling place on that Tuesday in November and cast our ballot if we want to.
If they want to improve access to voting then they should increase the number of dropboxes.

But.... that just means more places to lose ballots. Florida out here "misplacing" entire semi trucks full.

#29 ·
I bought my elk tag 7/22 along with my combination licence. A noticed popped up stating there may be a delivery delay of up to 14 days.

I was also told my DH tag would be mailed today.

And yes it has been probably 10 years since I've voted without using an absentee ballot.

#33 ·
Colorado uses mail in ballots. I'll receive mine somewhere around the first of October I believe and then have up to election day to drop it off or mail it in. I also believe that it has to be in the county clerks office on election day or it doesn't count. If I send it in early I can also void that ballot by showing up at the polling place on election day and voting.

They also have absentee voting where you request your ballot earlier than when the mail in ones come out.

All the media tries to do is to confuse everyone and I have to admit that they do a pretty good job of it.

My biggest problem with it is that they don't tell you how much postage is required and you the voter needs to put it on the envelope, they just say to mail it first class. A number of years ago the ballot went over the 1 oz that the first class stamp covered but the post office still delivered them. I just drive over to the county building and drop it into their ballot box.

#34 ·
Hilarious that we turn a “have you received your elk tags” thread into a mail-in voting debate.

But since we’re there, we’ve been doing mail-in voting in Utah County for several years now. I literally have never heard a single complaint about the validity of it before the president started telling people to say that. Oh well...

#35 · (Edited)
Hilarious that we turn a "have you received your elk tags" thread into a mail-in voting debate.

But since we're there, we've been doing mail-in voting in Utah County for several years now. I literally have never heard a single complaint about the validity of it before the president started telling people to say that. Oh well...
Thats because there are currently several major elections all screwed up right now, due to mail in voting. People are smelling smoke and yelling fire.

ie:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/nyregion/nyc-mail-ballots-voting.html

-DallanC

#37 ·
Mail in voting is imperfect. First you have to depend on the PO delivering the ballot to the correct person. If you live in a area where the population is fairly transit then that could be a problem. Then if they do as they are talking about doing in Nevada and sending a ballot out to everyone that is on the voter roles along with having ballot harvesting then I can see where there may be a problem.

I can't do anything about it so I just do what I have to do to secure my ballot and drop it off so that my vote is counted. One thing on that here in Colorado we can go in a few days after dropping off our ballots and see if our ballot was accepted or not. It makes you feel a little bit better that the system works, but not completely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.