Utah Wildlife Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Un's for antlerless deer, elk and moose. But, I will likely get a deer depredation tag from a friend AND I can buy 2 antlerless elk tags OTC, if I choose! (So can you!) Plus, I could shoot a cow with an OTC archery elk tag.
When do the anterleless OTC Elk go on sale?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
They'll release a list sometime after the official July 6th lottery notification date.

I forgot about the OTC private lands cow elk tags, given I don't have access to any private lands.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
They'll release a list sometime after the official July 6th lottery notification date.

I forgot about the OTC private lands cow elk tags, given I don't have access to any private lands.
There's also the OTC unlimited antlerless elk-control permits for the following units: Chalk Creek, East Canyon, Henry Mountains, Kamas, Morgan-South Rich, Nine Mile/Range Creek portion, Ogden, Pine Valley, San Juan/Montezuma Canyon portion, San Rafael/North portion, South Slope/Yellowstone portion, West Desert/Vernon portion. Those are for public lands as well as private lands and you must have a Buck/Bull or OIL permit for the unit and you must take the cow during the Buck/Bull/OIL hunt and use the same weapon. There's no limit on those and they go on sale July 18th.

Edited: Remember that the OTC general bull elk tags qualify as one of the necessary Buck/Bull/OIL tags to get the elk control tag, but don't buy a spike elk tag 'cause, beginning this year, there are no elk control hunts on those units.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
There's also the OTC unlimited antlerless elk-control permits for the following units: Chalk Creek, East Canyon, Henry Mountains, Kamas, Morgan-South Rich, Nine Mile/Range Creek portion, Ogden, Pine Valley, San Juan/Montezuma Canyon portion, San Rafael/North portion, South Slope/Yellowstone portion, West Desert/Vernon portion. Those are for public lands as well as private lands and you must have a Buck/Bull or OIL permit for the unit and you must take the cow during the Buck/Bull/OIL hunt and use the same weapon. There's no limit on those and they go on sale July 18th.

Edited: Remember that the OTC general bull elk tags qualify as one of the necessary Buck/Bull/OIL tags to get the elk control tag, but don't buy a spike elk tag 'cause, beginning this year, there are no elk control hunts on those units.
guess that applies to otc elk archery too?

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
guess that applies to otc elk archery too?
Yes, indeed! And since ALL of those elk-control units are in any bull archery units, you could hunt those antlerless elk with that permit in any or all of them with bows from Aug 19 - Sep 15. (I'm not sure about the Extended Archery hunts because the rule refers to only the dates printed on your permit. In any case, that's still a generous hunt window!)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Son and I both drew Antlerless Cow tags,
I'm hoping my 14yr old can drop the hammer on something, he drew Muzzy dear for same area. My 12yr old will hunt this year, maybe I will let him shoot my cow tag!!!

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
guner; My 12yr old will hunt this year said:
Probably not wise to put this on here!

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts

·
Banned
150 Posts
Perhaps he should be a little more clear in his statement. Just want to make sure what he does abides by the regulations as we don't want people posting things on here that they are doing something outside of the regulations.
Or how about we don't want people breaking the law at all! Not just wanting them to not post their illegal activities on line

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Perhaps he should be a little more clear in his statement. Just want to make sure what he does abides by the regulations as we don't want people posting things on here that they are doing something outside of the regulations.
Good point, he certainly could have been clearer in his statement.

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
July 18th
Got my spreadsheet analysis done and my top choices made, now just a waiting game to see if any of them have OTC tags available.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts