Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went back to the same lake in Wyoming today before I leave for Utah tomorrow. I tried a different spot from shore and caught 3 Walleyes. This time I managed to catch what I never dreamed I could. This walleye is 30" and weighed in at 10 lbs on some other fishermans scale.
Since my camera was left in South Jordan, I had to use my sisters camera again. Here are some pics. I think this one will go on the wall instead of the other.
[attachment=2:84073]IMG_1880.jpg[/attachment:84073]
[attachment=1:84073]IMG_1882.jpg[/attachment:84073]
[attachment=0:84073]IMG_1883.jpg[/attachment:84073]

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
[attachment=0:0254b]IMG_1891.jpg[/attachment:0254b]
[attachment=2:0254b]IMG_1885.jpg[/attachment:0254b]
[attachment=1:0254b]IMG_1889.jpg[/attachment:0254b]

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[attachment=2:6c2a5]IMG_1892.jpg[/attachment:6c2a5]
[attachment=1:6c2a5]IMG_1893.jpg[/attachment:6c2a5]
[attachment=0:6c2a5]IMG_1897.jpg[/attachment:6c2a5]

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[attachment=2:1c690]IMG_1899.jpg[/attachment:1c690]
[attachment=1:1c690]IMG_1900.jpg[/attachment:1c690]
[attachment=0:1c690]IMG_1901.jpg[/attachment:1c690]

·
Registered
385 Posts
:shock: :shock: :shock: that is a huge walleye. congrats on that fish of a lifetime. nice pics too. i really like the one with it compared to your baby :lol:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, this one actually fought pretty well. It took a good 5 minutes to land it. I just saw an article about the last walleye tournament at Keyhole and it put out quite a few 7 - 10 lbers. Some of those who live in Pine Haven right off the lake said they have never seen this lake put out as many big eyes as it has this fall. Another guy about a hundred yards from me caught an 8 pounder tonight.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOAH said:
DUDE! That's unreal. Keyhole huh? I'll have to keep that in mind, I guess. Sheesh! Sweet fish. :shock:
If somebody would have told me I would have caught these before I went up there, I would never have believed it. I have only ever caught two eyes in Utah, but then they were both by accident because I usually target bass. Since the bass fishing in that part of Wyoming is lousy, I decided to try for walleye, and am glad I did.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FishGlyph said:
I checked out a map and Keyhole is way northeast. Wow. I've already talked my husband into heading up there for a short vacation next year. :lol: :p
It is an 8 hour drive from Salt Lake, but it is worth it. If you take the route throught Casper, you also pass Alcova, which I have never fished but I hear it is awesome. The Black Hills(Mt.Rushmore) are right by Keyhole, so is Devils Tower. The Tongue river holds sturgeon and saugers. It is a great place. I am going to Keyhole again in the spring when the pike come back to life. They say this time of year it is rare to catch a pike at Keyhole. I used to be into rock climbing and the Black Hills in South Dakota was my favorite, it is a very unique place. I grew up in Gillette Wyoming but have lived in Utah the last 6 years. I didn't fish much back then, and now realize I missed out on alot.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Two monsters within a couple of days of each other, now that is a story to pass down. You big eye looks like it could eat the other two walleye in the picture and from the looks of its belly it probably has!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you all for the enthusiasm. That was my best game fish catch to date. :D

Fixed Blade, have you ever fished the Seminoe Reservoir?

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
No I used to live in casper, right on the north platte. But I was only 12 at the only time. I only got to go fishing when pops took me. He is much more of a hunter than a fisherman. He was a member of the boat club in alcova so thats mostly where we went. I was more interested In catching crawdads and chasing girls than fishing at that time. :wink:

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
fixed blade said:
I was more interested In catching crawdads and chasing girls than fishing at that time. :wink:
Has anything changed???.. :mrgreen: :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts