Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything major I should do when hunting at night versus the morning? I'm new to turkey hunting as this is only my second year any tips help thanks

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Turkeys are definitely creatures of habit. If uninterrupted they will do basically the same things day after day. Find where they go before they go to roost and put yourself in between there and the roost.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Sometimes locating and planning for the next morning is the best use of your evening time. The birds are much calmer(sexually) and seem to have other agendas. Look for the birds to be out in the fields just feeding around, sometimes the big old tom will just strut around and watch his girls feed. As it gets closer to roost time they may walk off and start toward the roost. If you know this spot you can sometime intercept their journey. It's pretty rare to have toms come screaming into your calls in the evening. Birds usually don't travel to far from where you see them in the evening to where they roost so make a note and be in the general area at first light, you might just be able to hear them gobbling on the roost, then the hunt is on.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys if anyone wants to tag along I wouldn't mind the company and I'm up to learn new tactics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts