Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in, for every single one of the OIAL hunts!
And in for a bunch of elk, deer and antelope...

Going up Thursday to validate.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Yep. Since I don't have a ton of money to waste, I asked myself a few questions to determine whether to apply.

1. Do I want it?

2. If I draw it, can I make it work with my schedule and within my limitations? (I passed on the Uintas goat tag because I don't have horses and probably don't have the time to make that one work either)

3. Can I come by that tag honestly in the next 20 years?

If I could answer yes to 1 and 2 and no to 3, I put in. Basically, I'm in for all the hard ones.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Oh ya I'm in. I talked the wife into allowing for more money to apply then last year. I went heavy on the elk units (have a score to settle) also went in for a couple OIL hunts and a few deer. One must take a shot at the Henries tags

·
Super Moderator
3,441 Posts
I will be there on Friday to validate my choices. I did all of the OIAL, plenty of elk, a few deer, and a couple antelope! Good luck to everyone in the drawing!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yep. I'm in. I was lucky enough to draw a Fishlake Elk last year, and hoping that lightning strikes twice. I usually put in for OIL Buffalo and 6-7 elk units.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I'll go up to walk around. Never put in for the tags. Extra bonus this year is to see my bull that just got finished!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
Not me, good luck to you all, hope you get the draw of your dreams and get the trophy of a life time.

Reactions: stillhunterman

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Me and my son will show up to validate our entries but not pay admission to the show.

I think I put us in for 4 hunts each. If I remember correctly Elk, Henries and some OIL that we'll never hunt otherwise. I figure you can't win if you don't play and I blow that much cash on stupid stuff all the time so it may as well go towards something potentially epic.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I figure you can't win if you don't play and I blow that much cash on stupid stuff all the time so it may as well go towards something potentially epic.[/QUOTE]
EXACTLY!!!!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I don't much like giving my money to corrupt organizations. To line their pockets and pay for their lavage lifestyle so Nope you will not see me anywhere near there.

How does that song go YOU GOT TO STAND FOR SOMETHING OR YOU WILL FALL FOR ANYTHING.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts