Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im new to hunting and just got my first bow this fall. i have gotten into it myself and i dont have anybody to help me figure out what im doing. I have an elk and deer tag but i wasnt able to seal the deal during regular bow season. I saw plenty of deer and a few elk in the kamas unit but i am having trouble with the extended wasatch front unit. I have spend days up here scouting above farmington canyon and i havent seen a thing! I have read a lot of articles about how you have to find the water to find the deer? There is water up there but very close to all the trails. Can anybody give me some advice for the front? its killing me

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Hey im new to hunting and just got my first bow this fall. i have gotten into it myself and i dont have anybody to help me figure out what im doing. I have an elk and deer tag but i wasnt able to seal the deal during regular bow season. I saw plenty of deer and a few elk in the kamas unit but i am having trouble with the extended wasatch front unit. I have spend days up here scouting above farmington canyon and i havent seen a thing! I have read a lot of articles about how you have to find the water to find the deer? There is water up there but very close to all the trails. Can anybody give me some advice for the front? its killing me
You have spent days above farmington canyon scouting and haven't seen a thing? Have you been looking at first light and last light during those days? Are you getting off the roads (at least a half mile)? They are there I'm scouting the same area for muzzle loader and seeing plenty. The extended is a long hunt; keep at it and you will find them. If you still arent finding anything in a few weeks let me know and I'm happy to help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts