Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not the brightest bulb on the string fellas so could someone explain to me the areas included on the extended pheasant hunt? From what I've read it includes all state and fed owned lands, but not private owned land. Am I missing anything? I've read the guidebook many times and still am a bit confused

Thanks

Reactions: Iron Bear

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I believe you're correct. The one exception is the Walk-in access areas. They are private land, but since they're managed by the DWR they're open for the extended as well.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, check the proclamation.(Where have I heard that before?)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard that in order to increase opportunity, especially for youth hunters, the DWR is proposing an extended Giraffe hunt in Tooele County this year. Check the proclamation.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Proclamation SAYS

"All state and federal lands, including private land leased or managed by the Division,
which may be subject to restrictions and closures imposed by administering agencies.
All other private lands are closed."

Does that mean WMAs and walk in access areas

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Proclamation SAYS

"All state and federal lands, including private land leased or managed by the Division,
which may be subject to restrictions and closures imposed by administering agencies.
All other private lands are closed."

Does that mean WMAs and walk in access areas
I believe so, except the Goshen unit. Remember non toxic shot on wma areas

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts