Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like FB will be open to boats this year 2 weeks before the youth hunt. On the 15th, a bunch of airboaters from the Utah Airboat Association will be taking kids for rides after the Delta Youth Fair, and then after that it is a free for all. I might even take my jon boat out for a spin next week or so.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Cool... there is a guy named Troy Thompson that offered to take me out in his airboat when the DWR forums were still running... gotta call that guy. Should be a good time. Thankfully, his number was in one of the PMs I managed to save.

8)

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
that only for that day to take the kids out on a air boat ride. they wount be leting anylong shaft motors out on turnpin or anything like that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
dkhntrdstn said:
that only for that day to take the kids out on a air boat ride. they wount be leting anylong shaft motors out on turnpin or anything like that.
I'm not sure that's true. I called the DWR yesterday to see when the bays would be open to scouting and was told that both Ogden Bay and Farmington Bay would be open from the 15th on. I think that is normal as I remember them being open two weeks prior to the youth hunt in past years as well.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
then they have changed it. It has been the weekend befor the youth hunt befor you could take your boat out. that good that give me one more weekend to do some scouting.Thanks for the heads up on that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well...you guys really had me doubting the information I got from the DWR so I called Ogden Bay directly. He said it would be open this Saturday, the 15th. They open the Bay for scouting on the third Saturday in September. I assume it is the same for Farmington as that is what I was told by the DWR offices.

That would explain why it is two weeks before the youth hunt this year as there are 5 Saturdays this September instead of the usual 4.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts