Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering how the walk in access is .and if their are areas for someone to set a decoys .Son and i are new to waterfowl in utah been to salt creek and public and like them very much.Just scouting alot of different areas this year.Not asking for your spots just like to now about walk access.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i have been to Farmington Bay a few times and run into some pretty rude hunters there. I personally don't think I will be going back up to Farmington Bay although I find the walk-in access to be pretty good. I have only been to the main entrance then walked into the marsh and I have gotten a few but it gets crowded pretty quickly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The walk in access is great. There are many areas where you can set up decoys. I would take a bike if you can though. Never had any problems with any hunters there, but would get there early if you can. If you don't have a boat, some of the good spots are more difficult to get to.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
like said of above it pretty good. There some briges that are on the west dike that cross over in to some marsh. you can take like the first or 2nd one and cross it and got in the cattails/phrag and there soem pot holes you cna set up in and get some shooting / ducks in there. You wount have to worry about to many people in there beside the boats that go out futher and set up on the eadge.just get in thre a ways and find a nice little pot hole set up and and have fun. good luck and i hope this helps you out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts