Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing a bit of hunting at FB this year and have noticed a few things that could use alittle help. First of all, this place is a place to hunt and enjoy nature. I am all for bringing kids and spouses. I even bring my own. One thing I have taught them is to pick up every empty shell that we shoot and any that we can find in our spot for the day. My six yr old understands this and asks why nobody else does this. I tell him that most people do, but there are always some who do not or just forget. If we could all pick up just the empty shells that we can see then it would be a much cleaner place. Also please pack out any trash that you bring in and then some, this seems like common sense. I have also noticed that there seems to be a lot of people just strolling up and down the dike. Not only can this be dangerous, but it begins to get a little frustrating when people are just walking back and forth. At least have the courtesy to get down if a flock of birds is coming. These are just some of the courtesy's I have taught my family when we go hunting. I can't count how many times someone has stopped right in front and just stood there or shot the bird that I have been waiting for. Last, but not least- it is our responsibility, when we get to our spot to let the other hunters know where we are located and make sure we are a safe distance from eachother. I don't mind someone hunting close to me as long as I know where they are. There are plenty of birds for everyone. Please don't take this as complaining, just concern. I hope everyone has a great, safe weekend. God Bless! :lol:

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am with you on the empty shells and trash, Everytime I go out there it seems that the shells keep stacking up on the ground. I go out and shoot maybe a half a box but it is pretty annoying to be packing back about two boxes of shell casings every time, and that is just the ones that are on the ground where I am at. How hard is it to pick up three shells after you empty your gun on a flock, and besides you still have time to reload and pick up your shells before the next flock comes. All the shells and trash is just pointing to one thing, some waterfowlers are just plain old white trash and do not care what happens, I can't wait until the cold weather gets rid of most of these type hunters. Maybe FB will start to look clean again.
Everyone start doing your part, before people start putting labels on the waterfowler.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maybe fish and game should get out of the nice warm truck and walk the dikes a little more often. Maybe they could nail all the people who pull their plugs out a blast five shells at a duck that is 10 miles high. Thats just what I think.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I hunted FB the other day me and my hunting buddy picked up about 3 boxes of empty hulls and took them out. we went back three day latter and there was at least that many and some jerk took a [email protected] right off the side of where we hunt! at least cover it with dirt!

·
Registered
10 Posts
The co's are out of their trucks, they're dressed like hunters and are giving littering tickets. My 2 1/2 year old picked up a bag full of empties this afternoon, whats sad about it is my buddy and I picked up two bags full of trash in the same spot on Thursday.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Thats good though... you guys are doing your part and passing that on to your kids. Yeah, it totally stinks having to pick up others trash... but they'll get theirs. Especially with the CO's going "Larry the Cable Guy" to bust some of the violators out there. I think thats very cool... Ammo, we've been saying for years that all they'd have to do is get out of the truck and be on that dike to get their years worth of tickets.... sounds like somebody finally got a clue out there. I think thats awesome that you guys are doing that out there... picking up trash, taking your spouses and kids with you. Thats neat stuff.... and the kids won't ever forget it. I haven't been this year but thats usually a trip that my daughter and I make every year.... this year, she may wind up hunting the Salt Lake with me or something instead... but she liked "collecting" spent shell casings and empty hulls as well. 8) Keep up the good work fellas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts