Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...to-open-Farmington-store-April-21.html?pg=all

I was lucky enough to be selected to be one of the seasonal employees working the gun counter! We have been in the store for a few days now getting everything set up and starting to stock the shelves!

I will have an opportunity to shoot in an employee tournament to see who gets to be the one that cuts the ribbon with an arrow in the grand opening!

I hope you guys are all as excited as I am. It is going to be so awesome working at Cabelas! Hopefully I actually make some money while I work there.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Farmington.....Lehi

Wouldn't you know it, I'm right smack in the middle of the two options.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Can you let us know when you get 22LR in?:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Can you let us know when you get 22LR in?:mrgreen:
Not saying it will be the same in Farmington, but when the Cabela's opened here in Huntsville, AL, there were pallets and pallets of Remington's bucket of bullets. I went 3 days after the opening and there were still pallets in the aisles. The bricks and 100 count boxes lasted a couple months before they also dried up. Prices weren't as good as pre-crazy days, but not bad at about 6.5 cents/per.

·
Super Moderator
9,661 Posts
It's funny on the .22lr that you see Remington all over the place but the other manufactures are almost never seen.

Perhaps my problem is that my .22 rifles hate Remington .22 rounds. It's a good thing that I still have a good supply from years ago.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Are you guys gonna have a quicker check out system than the one in Lehi does? I've stood in line for an hour before there! I hate having to wait to spend my money.

Reactions: APD

·
Registered
843 Posts
I would not make any money working at Cabelas. But I would be a happy man:grin: Good luck Cazador on the tournament <<--O/ .

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
That is the kind of job I want when I semi-retire in a couple of years.

Are they going to have door greeters ? ;-)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Any inside information for the Grand opening or any other day would be highly appreciated;-)

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
The Cabelas Distribution Center in Tooele has a counter where you can order and pick up immediately.(if the product is in stock) No more trips to Lehi for me. The store never has anything I find on line anyway, always end up ordering on line. This is a great service to go right to the source.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will post up any information I get about the Grand Opening including deals and the availability of 22LR ammo. I do know that they are going to have a Club Visa Card night a few days prior to the grand opening, so if any of you are Cabelas Club Visa Card holders or want to become a Club Visa Card holder you can shop before the grand opening. I will post the dates and times of that when I find them out.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you know someone who works there they will have 10 invitations to give out that will get you into the friends and family night on Sunday April 17th.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well guys they finished up the archery tournament. It was pretty interesting we shot a 3 arrow group cold at 15 yards and then measured the distance between all the arrows. The greatest distance was your group size. 1st place shot a 1 1/4 inch group. 2nd place shot a 1 1/2 inch group. I shot a 1 5/8 group and tied another shooter for 3rd. The interesting thing is all four of us get to submit essays detailing why we deserve to be the one who shoots the ribbon and corporate gets to decide which one of us gets the honor. I just finished writing my essay and will submit it Thursday to be sent to corporate. Wish me luck!!!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We have several pallets worth of 22LR ammo that we are going to be putting out for our soft opening days and grand opening. We had to count and sort each brand yesterday so that we can put out certain percentages of our stock on the floor for each of the nights and the rest for our grand opening.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are you guys gonna have a quicker check out system than the one in Lehi does? I've stood in line for an hour before there! I hate having to wait to spend my money.
We are going to have what they call line busting going on anytime that we have lines at our registers. We will have outfitters with scanners that will scan your cart and give you a barcode before you get to the register so they just have to scan the barcode and the whole transaction will ring up and then you just have to pay and get your items bagged and you are out the door.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts