Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Re: Favorite

One eye, is that you?

I like all of it, as long as it's been taken care of. Deer. elk and antelope. On the other hand I have hated it all too. If it is not taken care of, makes for a long winter.

You know what is funny, if you eat elk, deer for a month or so and then cook up some hamburger (beef) , boy does it taste and smell like SH*&.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts

I've had moose, buffalo, deer, elk, antelope salami, wild boar (GREAT STUFF), all sorts of upland game and I love it all. Moose and Wild Hog was probably my favorite... with upland game, buffalo, elk and deer following in that order. Of course I've had the exotic stuff from Rodizio but I can't honestly say I know that what I was eating was really alligator or rattlesnake, but it was tasty.

Guess I shouldn't have thrown upland in there.... since you asked about big game, but some of the stuff we hunt here big game wise is below the smaller birds we hunt.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nothing better than a buffalo burger. Mmmmm. :D

·
Registered
3,160 Posts

Turkey

Turkeys are considered big game where I'm from and I can allready taste the fried turkey and taters with gravy. MMMMMMgood. :mrgreen: Come on April!!!! 8)

my second favorite would be whitetail deer steak with the same fixins.

·
Registered
449 Posts

Black Angus! :lol: (don't they spend enough time on USDA Forest Service land to qualify as 'wild game'? :wink: )

No, really. I think chukar is #1 hands down. I also really like elk, GW teal, pintail, mallard, and pheasant. Don't forget about the lowly cottontail!

·
Administrator
21,406 Posts
1 Bison
2 Elk

·
Registered
154 Posts
In order;

Bison
whitetail
elk/moose
javelina
caribou
plywood
muledeer(except for the backstraps, love those)

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Elk! I would rather have elk than beef. And surprisingly enough, my wife is the same

Deer would be my second choice and still preferred over beef although the wife isnt to wild about deer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts