Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my son and I decided to take a ride up the skyline today and get out for some boy time. I figured it would be a good time to check the water situation out past FB. HOLY SMOKES, can you say the we are going to be suffering major this fall for waterfowl season? All the parts of FB looked good as far as water level from 9500 feet, BUT the outflows coming out was DISMAL! There is a minimal water channel flowing out the airboat canal and flows west before sharply turning towards the antelope island causeway.

I really feel bad for all the air boaters, pray for water to help the waterfowl have a layover area and also for space for all us who pursue them.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Farmington impoundments all looked full as I drove on Legacy yesterday. Davis county got pounded with rain today, not that it will make much difference for the marsh, but we will take what we can get, especially this time of the year.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Farmington impoundments all looked full as I drove on Legacy yesterday. Davis county got pounded with rain today, not that it will make much difference for the marsh, but we will take what we can get, especially this time of the year.
just enough to keep that phrag nice and healthy! :-x

·
Registered
612 Posts
So my son and I decided to take a ride up the skyline today and get out for some boy time. I figured it would be a good time to check the water situation out past FB. HOLY SMOKES, can you say the we are going to be suffering major this fall for waterfowl season? All the parts of FB looked good as far as water level from 9500 feet, BUT the outflows coming out was DISMAL! There is a minimal water channel flowing out the airboat canal and flows west before sharply turning towards the antelope island causeway.

I really feel bad for all the air boaters, pray for water to help the waterfowl have a layover area and also for space for all us who pursue them.
It's always low until the opener,they are still irrigating etc. Once the water starts flowing that way it will fill to full flow. it does this every year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts