Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after the long hours of scouting and hiking, and hiking some more, I finally shot my first archery elk, and first bull!!! I shot him at 40 yards and went and checked for blood. Once I found blood I backed out and gave him 2 hours to make sure I didn't push him into the nasty canyon I was on the edge of. The tracking job only took about 10 minutes because he only went 60 yards! Double lung shot on this cool 4x2!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Thanks Airborne! OTC any bull
That's a super tough hunt and with a bow is a huge accomplishment!!! Getting a branch antlered bull with a bow on the any bull units, public land, is harder than getting a 360" bull on most of the limited entry units. What you did was tough and deserves more accolades than it will get.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Very cool, congrats!!! I have yet to harvest my first bull, I always say I am going to hold out for a bull but when a cow is broadside I change my mind.

Reactions: APD

·
Registered
680 Posts
Very nice. I'm headed up on the extended sometime this week to try, once again, for my first archery elk. I don't what kind of head gear it has or if it has any at all. Anything that's in range is getting it! Never hunted the extended before so it's going to be a crap shoot. Maybe congratulating you will bring good karma ;)

I digress.... Great job on that elk!

·
Premium Member
8,501 Posts
Very cool!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts