Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Senior Goof
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post an update. I have had a thread or two about being new and the search for a bow. Well, yesterday I ended up getting one. Went to Jake's archery and got a heck of a deal on a Mathews Chill R... they had great customer service and prices. The bow shoots amazing. Everything about it fits me well.

The season can't come fast enough.

·
Registered
367 Posts
If your yard or shooting area is within steps of your home, I'd say get to the point where you can watch tv for an hour, walk out your door and shoot a single arrow while your muscles are cold, and be able to hit your mark at any awkward or random distance. For a when I'd go shoot, it was a little rocky on the first few shots, and then I was dead on for the next 100 or 150 arrows. Once I started shooting my target as though the first shot was the only one that matters, I started really tearing up the bullseye and my confidence grew significantly.

Now that you have your bow, its time to build calluses and make yourself sore shooting. That's when it becomes fun.

Reactions: RandomElk16

·
Registered
114 Posts
^^^ great advice! I'll start using that and I've been shooting a bow for 7 years now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts