Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first deer with a bow Thanksgiving morning! Had a blast. I was supposed to be off the mountain by 10 so i could home and get a turkey on the Traeger. As I was headed down I saw this buck and a small 4 point with a couple doe. I was able to get in within 60 yards but they spooked and ran up the hill. I ran up the hill after them and was able to get back within 60 but the 2 bucks were fighting and i couldn't get a good shot. I waited them out until this buck won and took my shot from 45 yards. Hit him in both lungs and the heart. He made it 50 yards and 2 minutes later i was taking pictures. I had to call my wife and have her put the turkey on for me. Turned out great!

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,352 Posts
way2go!!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Awesome story.... Too bad the "winner" was rewarded with a double lung and heart perforation! I bet the other buck is feeling pretty good about the days outcome....

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Well,
Now you've gone and done it.
The archery 'bug' has a way of possessing ones soul....:p...

Good way to start.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
CONGRATS on the Buck. Anything harvested with a Bow is a true Trophy.. Get intouch with Pack Out and Euro your first Buck... U R HOOKED NOW!! GET THE NET ))------------>

1 - 20 of 21 Posts