Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My youngest daughter scored on her first buck. She wanted to go so bad that she toughened up and shot my muzzy so we could go out this week. We had a great time chasing around some little buckies and when the right shot presented itself she operated like a pro. This was one of the highlight hunts of my lifetime as this is my daughter who has never really shown interest in hunting. We shared some great times on the mountain as we retrieved her buck and I will always cherish the excitement, the conversation, and the memories that we made together.------SS

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
Congrats! There is nothing better than helping kids achieve their first big game animals. Way to go.

·
Bjorne Lou Tsar
3,340 Posts
Great job to little miss SpringvilleShooter!!! Nice buck. And you too Dad. I bet she'll remember this all her life.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My youngest daughter scored on her first buck. She wanted to go so bad that she toughened up and shot my muzzy so we could go out this week. We had a great time chasing around some little buckies and when the right shot presented itself she operated like a pro. This was one of the highlight hunts of my lifetime as this is my daughter who has never really shown interest in hunting. We shared some great times on the mountain as we retrieved her buck and I will always cherish the excitement, the conversation, and the memories that we made together.------SS
Congratulations!!! Way to go team Dad and Daughter!! I'm an old dude now but I can still remember my first buck that I shot with my Dad by my side. I remember the excitement, the conversation, the teaching moments he capitalized on, all while we were together that day. I have kids of my own now and there is nothing I would rather do than hunt with my kids and share similar moments with them. Super happy for you and your daughter!!

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys! I shared them with her today and she was beaming.

Fowlmouth-She did make a perfect shot at 40 yards. She really suprised me with how quickly she acquired her sight picture and executed the shot. Our family shoots a bunch and I think that she benefitted greatly from that.

For all you ballistic junkies out there, we recovered the 45 cal 250 grain SST from the offside shoulder. It mushroomed to .68" and weighed 185 grains. -----SS

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Congrats on your success. My cousin's son turned 12 on Friday and killed a small 4 point on Sunday.
That's what you call jumping right into it.
Congrats again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts