Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
I need a better picture than that to make a comment.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I could go enjoy the Henry's with that guy in the cooler for the rest of the week I would say SHOOTER!!!!:grin:

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Pics aren't very clear, please post GPS coordinates so I can go get a closer look at him to advise you. ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
I don't much go for hunting the petting zoos, but would like to hunt the Books one more time, for personal reasons, as I haven't been there in decades. If I did have a tag for the Henries, sure I'ld shoot him if he pushed my button, but would also shoot the first buckie that tickled my fancy regardless of the antler structure. He's a purdy buck for sure, thanks for posting.:)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I'd shoot him, if for nothing else, to put him out of his misery. Just think of how tired his neck is from holding that much antler up all day long. Not to mention all those points that are probably constantly getting hung up on things. Poor thing.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
sorry. its the henrys. not a shooter. no mass. spindly horns. short tines. with a little effort you can get a much much better buck. its the opening day and the henrys. you wont get that tag again. you can shoot that one from the road.

·
Registered
77 Posts
sorry. its the henrys. not a shooter. no mass. spindly horns. short tines. with a little effort you can get a much much better buck. its the opening day and the henrys. you wont get that tag again. you can shoot that one from the road.
Really? Are there really that many giant bucks running around down there?

·
Super Moderator
9,624 Posts
Really? Are there really that many giant bucks running around down there?
The Henry Mountain mule deer herd is something that every hunter should experience, it is awsum.

Even before they closed the area after the 95 season I believe it was a great place to hunt and now even better if you can draw a tag.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
i only make it down there once or twice a year but i would definitely not take that buck on opening day or even day 2 or 3. there are much better bucks that that one.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
just type in "henry mountain mule deer pictures" to your url line and take a look at the monsters that come up... might change perspective a bit....
its a lot like seeing a small 6 bull on an any bull unit and then seeing a real bull on the monroe or boulder or lasal... there just isnt much comparison. sure, thats a nice buck and a wall hanger. but its not a henrys buck.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hard choice for me. He's a great buck. Not clear enough pictures to make a guess on score although I would say that sometimes extra points don't amount to a whole lot on the tally sheet. On the other hand sometimes small extra points are attached to long extra tines

If I have an archery tag I probably shoot and grin for months. If I have a rifle tag I might hold and see him in my dreams for the next few days. Hopefully only until I found one a little better that I did shoot.

Na, that's B.S.!! after looking at him again and again I know I would just shoot him and be thrilled about it. I would say he's over 200"

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
He's a nice buck no doubt, but if I had a Henry's tag, I'd probably hold off...dependent on what else I was seeing, of course. Great looking buck though - I'd love to transplant him to my general area unit!

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
He would dead as Spam if I had a tag. I know there are lots of better bucks on the Henrys and while I may want to extend my henrys tag I just think if I wouldnt be capable of passing a buck like that

1 - 20 of 51 Posts