Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I'm still relatively new to the forum, but i really have tried to contribute, and i figure this would be a pretty cool thing to share. When i was really young, my dad used to bow fish a little, but got out of it well before i could ever go. then most of my life, our hounds were a huge priority and i honestly shot a bow relatively little. But bow fishing is something i always wanted to try. well recently at the cache valley archers banquet, one of the silent auction items was a guided half day bow fishing trip for 2. I won the auction and today we cashed in.

only fished for probably less than 3 1/2 hours but man talk about a blast! my wife managed to get six before she got too tired to shoot. i lost count somewhere around 15. our guide stuck 3 or 4 as well. Probably one of my favorite parts was shooting a recurve. I have never shot anything but compound but towards the end, i asked if i could shoot the recurve. got a fish my third shot, and another with the recurve before we called it a day. seriously, if you've never bow fished, I highly recommend doing it at least once. here's some pictures, and i'll try to upload some of the go pro action as well.

Attachments

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
i failed miserably at getting any kill shots of my wife. but this one i thought was pretty cool. she hits the fish and the arrow actually bounces 5 feet back. one tough fish

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this was the first one i got on video, i know you cant see it before i shoot, but i thought it was pretty cool video of it running and jumping after the shot

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and this was probably one of my better shots on the day. seriously such an awesome experience!

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Looks like a blast!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
WOW!! that looks like great time was had by both you and your wife. That was a great looking boat you were shooting out of.>>O

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The boat definitely showed me what I'll be buying for duck/ carp/ and backwater in general.... Just as soon as I get a big boy job

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I love chasing the carp. Don't do it like I used to but that is another thing. I have always just used a 35lb fiberglass recurve. You don't get much distance but I don't care if it gets muddy and the arms don't hurt after you kill 30-50 carp.
I should probably retire as last time I went I only had 8 opportunities at fish and killed 7 of them. Glad you were finally able to experience it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks like fun. What was the guide service you used? I have always wanted to try bowfishing and maybe a guide would be a good way to start.

Anyone else can suggest a guide for either Cache or Weber County?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts