Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to buy a recurve this winter as I have shot them many times but don't have one yet. I would like to hunt with it next year, what is everyone's suggestons. Thanks

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
bow hunter said:
I am wanting to buy a recurve this winter as I have shot them many times but don't have one yet. I would like to hunt with it next year, what is everyone's suggestons. Thanks
I suggest you get a hold of Tex O Bob! He is the man on traditional archery, IMHO.

PRO

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I'm yer huckleberry!

Come over any time I've got lots of em. You can shoot all you want and then we'll go in and jump on the internet and I'll show you what's out there.

Google these bows for starters.

Black Widow, Chastain, Robertson Stykbow, Zipper, Martin

Also, There is a guy in Springville making a killer bow (I own two of them) His name is Mike Bird. He goes by Nontypical on the forum. Shoot Him a PM.

Cheers,

Tex

·
Registered
610 Posts
Sorry to Hijack the thread but what about a starter longbow? I have shot a recure off and on for a few years and I really want a long bow. Been looking at the Bear Montana, it seems to get good reviews and is in my price range ($300).

Mark

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you don't mind doing some of the work on your long bow you might want to try 7 Lakes Longbows http://www.7lakeslongbow.com/ Mike Ballenger is the bowyer. He makes the bow blanks and you finish it to your liking. The blanks are $225. Sometimes you can find one of his blanks on ebay for a little less. I bought one of his bows and finished it a coulpe years ago and love it. Doing some of the work on the bow I think really makes it "yours".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts