Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
That is a top tier General bull. Mega congrats on that one. ....and to shoot it in such flat country obviously right off the rd.:mrgreen:-------SS

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The details are went in with my cousin.
I had first shot with him having a late season Arizona tag.
Opening morning found us working in on a vocal bull in pretty thick trees. We got to about 200 yards and there was a wallow at our feet. I moved up a hair and he bugled,splashed in the wallow, racked a tree and poured water out of his bottle. Elk bugled back within 100 yards. I just knew in a second I'd be shooting him. Well several seconds went by then a minute later I'm thinking where is this thing. Then from about 20 feet behind and 40 to the side, Kaboom! I jumped a bit but the bull came in the one spot I couldn't see. He shot it at 62 yards and it didn't go far at all. I was excited to have one down but also a little bummed.
Moving on to Sunday we got some elevation and worked several basins until we saw the herd mine was in. He bedded and bugled from there for about 5 minutes before he stood up at 238 and stood broadside. He was farther from camp and required some elevation gain but I was no longer bummed about not getting the 5 point my cousin shot.
Great hunt with family and will likely try it again next year.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Those are awesome elk for the any bull hunt! Congratulations! Is that a kifaru tipi I have wanted one of those for years.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes it is the kifaru Sawtooth.
Super nice but at $800 I'll have to settle for using my cousins.
The stove is a game changer too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts