Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. I think we have everything possible to hit the ICE. Auger, Quad, fishing equipment, Aqua view and Ice hut. We are ready to go. This will be our first ICE trip in Utah. We live in Sandy. Where should we go? What do we use? Where will the ice be safe for a quad? I was thinking Strawberry, but have never been there. Would that be a good first choice?

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Go to scofield the ice will be safe for your quad. I went on my virgin ice voyage last weekend there. Use anything orange and you should be good. We fished over by the boat docks. Good luck take you camera (remember to charge the battery) and post some pics. :D

·
Registered
952 Posts
Orvis gave you some good advice. Scofield has safe ice for your quad, i highly doubt strawberry will be ready for your quad for a couple more weeks, but i would recommend Strawberry if you dont end up taking your quad.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hit Scofield, already been quads on it this year. IMO Strawberry stays pretty good mostly all winter, I have trouble doing as well later on in the season at Scofield but right now it's smokin! I used small glow jigs and fished on down around passed the dam on the Southern end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts